Replaced my silver case on the Pandora. Does this look normal?

TSBroich

So I replaced the silver case, and my Pandora looks brand new again! What I'm seeing here might be a normal common thing, but I'm not 100% sure.

On the left side, the lid won't go down all of the way. When you look at the unit dead-on, I see that the body is slightly "crooked" on the left side. Does this look normal to you guys? Or should I disassemble again and try something else?

Thank you!

14924014_1807936092783749_929326532_o.jpg

14958155_1807936099450415_108947842_o.jpg
14954501_1807936096117082_925258469_o.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think it's *that* bad personally. I mostly wanted to make sure that I didn't mess up putting the unit back together.

If this is normal, then I can peacefully ignore it.

You will find this on most (all?) units. The Pandora's casing is far from perfect... (Pyra should be different.)

Yep, completely normal. I think its a defect in the mould design that makes the case warp during manufacture. Nowt to be done about it though.

I confirm
[doublepost=1478212134,1478212077][/doublepost]I confirm

Alright, I can peacefully ignore this now.

Thank you all for the confirmations!

Yeah, the only thing you got totally wrong is the colour. Why on earth did anyone think that was a suitable colour for a Pandora? It's possibly the most ugly thing I've seen since the photo thread.

Oh noes! You totally ruined it. :(

Mine is exactly like that. Kinda glad I didn't get a banana.

I really liked the black case better.

I appreciate how this silver case is supposedly less prone to cracks, but the paint feels cheap, and it scratches/chips so easily.

I appreciate how this silver case is supposedly less prone to cracks, but the paint feels cheap, and it scratches/chips so easily.
I think ZXDunny probably agrees with you on the looks. I kinda dislike the look, but it reminds me of electronics from a certain time. I guess that doesn't make it look less cheap. It definitely does scratch easily, and the platinum cases still have problems with cracks. I never had a black case, and I can only imagine how much worse the cracking is with them. At least it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Can honestly say that my CC Pandora has no cracks in its black case. Guess I've been lucky.

well done!
when i remember correctly, ed ordered dark silver painted cases and got these light silver ones. so it was another chinese communication/manufacturing flaw. ;)
my silver 1ghz case cracked at the inside from the lid, standing on a shelf without touching it, argh! pyra to the rescue!!

My black CC has just a little not-yet-a-crack-but-near under the lid, on the pivot, while the silver 1 Ghz has nothing, but sustained different harder falling (and one of them detached the shoulder switch from the motherboard... no signs on the case...)

My black one only has a crack on the left side of the USB port and it's only like 2mm straight up maybe. Barely visible, you pretty much have to look for it. All the scratches in the paint from normal usage are way more visible :^)
The lid thing is perfectly normal, but it's somewhat less visible on the black case since the gap itself is, well, black in the most cases.

Back