Replacement/colored Gp32 Cases

Dozer posted on Aug 31 2004 at 10:25 PM said:
I would pay like £60-£70 for a metal one, maybe zodiac style. That would be awesome. You could make it smaller than it is now too.

You can't cast metal into a rubber mold.

It looks like he used a liquid foam to make the pattern. Then he will make a urethane mold from that. then when he has the mold he will pour a casting resin into that. I just wonder if it will shrink/distort when curing. That may be a problem. It could be cool if it doesn't though.

The only way to get metal would be to model the case using a 3D CAD program and then use that model to run a CNC mill, and cut it out of billet aluminum. That would be very expensive though.

Hey Daz I got an awesome idea for the plastic case though. Use clear plastic casting resin and add some of this glow-in-the-dark powder to it. I have used it before myself and it is awesome. Unlike that old lame stuff that lasted 10 minutes this powder litteraly glows ALL NIGHT fron a single light exposure. Imagine a glowing GP32 BLU! You could even mask off areas and paint with opaque paint to have the glow come through only in certain areas to make cool glowing designs.

http://www.extremeglow.com/glowpowder.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back