Replicant port to Pyra / Pandora ? (poll)

I would like to see Replicant ported to...

• Total voters

I would be glad to use some of my favourite android games on Pyra!

where is the dude who was working on an android port for pyra? forgot his name, but maybe he'd be willing to provide some help towards a working 3d driver? not sure how far he got though, I think it was still low priority for him
[doublepost=1465819588,1465818845][/doublepost]cast my vote for both. I'd love to have some sort of decent android version without all the google crap, rather then a few hacky ports that noone has the time to maintain which all don't work properly.

Unless I can get the apps I need somewhere else, I'm going to want a way to get the google stuff back in, would that be possible at all?

XD Well the issue is, there's certain apps I want to use, that it would be virtually useless to me without. I was under the impression that one was free to use that stuff if they wanted, but it wasn't included for free software reasons.

I was under the impression that one was free to use that stuff if they wanted, but it wasn't included for free software reasons.
Maybe, I don't know. I'd only be interested in Öffi. Does anyone know if it works on Replicant? And without the Google services, that it's used to employ (just dropping the related functionalities then)?

Insofar as freedom being more important than cost, gratis is the word to use.

That being said, win10 is not gratis at all. To be wilfully infected you need a previous license, none of which are gratis. Taxing hardware does not quality.
The notion of giving something like that away follows the model of "if you don't know what the product being sold is, you are it"

We pause this submission to bring you the latest in new-but-yet-rotten-think:
Listening to the bang is gratis, suffering from the head-trauma from the bullet is a bonus! Do not worry, all casualties are only people for whom money is not of the issue. Yes yes, you heard it right, bring your minds to the collective blender. Sell sell sell!
Estimations suggest you approve of this message, complain by writing to:
Fixing problems by making them worse
i-want-my-data-stolen-in-a-more-refined-manner
the cloud
derp city, uptrickletrick GG

Even if possibility permits tying down with enough brain-leak software to subsidize away the actual cost of the software, (scary considering other method alternatives have objectively better qualities without it, its still not gratis, especially not free in any sense.

Windows 10, free as in (there is no such thing as free-) lunch.
Free of the free lunch-varietee.

Even from the financial point of view it is not free, you can't just take a random OS-less PC and install it for free, you still need an old valid license to do so. The upgrade is free, the OS itself is not.

I thought, it's free of charge for devices with screen diagonals below 10 inch?

Back