repobreaker?

jsb

Still Fresh
Something popped up in the repo rss feed called repobreaker with the description "die repo die".

Seems suspicious, though looking at the thing itself I can't figure out what it's supposed to do (at least on a pandora - maybe someone thought the repo ran the software in there once and they're trying to remove the repo's contents? I don't know)

I'm more suspecting someone broke into mcobit's account and is doing stupid things.

Does it need cleaned up?

Nothing to worry about, I'd think mcobit and Milkshake are just trying to fix the whitespace-in-package-id bug or something.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure of this since they have discussed it on IRC for the last few hours or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, I saw that, too. Figured mcobit and Milkshake were just boys being boys.

Though in all seriousness, it would probably be wise to have a repository to test on that's not the 'live' repository. Though I haven't noticed any problems, it's simple enough to make a tiny typo in a query or something while developing that'll cause the whole thing to collapse. Of course I do realize that takes time to set up, too, but in the long run, may be worth it, especially since repo.openpandora.org is pretty important to the project right now.

Just some food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or perhaps just call the entry "test - disregard" instead. Or if you really want to have some fun, "w32.repo.trojan" :D

Reminds me of when GP32X died, and we donated to Hando so he could have some refreshing drinks while upgrading the software. Soon after, the site merely gave an error message saying "Yoooouuu shouldn't have donated... buuurrrrp." :lol: People didn't know what to think.

Yeah, sorry if this was causing confusion.

I created a testcase for some bug. I deactivated it for now...

Sometimes the child wants to come out and play ;)

yup we were working on it thats all, nothing to worry about @mr Rob I dont have a test server or anything to test on ...yet :p hopefully when santa comes this chirstmas ill have a little personal mini server I can test on, but the test we were doing wouldnt have broken any other pnd's anyway so no need to worry there.

I dont have a test server or anything to test on ...yet :p hopefully when santa comes this chirstmas ill have a little personal mini server I can test on, but the test we were doing wouldnt have broken any other pnd's anyway so no need to worry there.
Development and testing on a live repository? Hmmm....sounds exciting :p

It wasn't a test of repo breaking code, it was a test of the backup and restore procedure. :D

It wasn't a test of repo breaking code, it was a test of the backup and restore procedure. :D
Still, it's usually the simple, innocent fixes that accidentally break the system. Followed by "Oh why weren't we using a testing server! Alas, poor repo.openpandora.org, I knew him Horatio!".

Well, I could easily give you a second subdomain for testing ;)
+1

I seem to recall that the repo itself is technically still in open beta.... in real terms this *is* the testing version. :D

That being said, now that its become the de-facto standard repository perhaps a separate testing server wouldn't be a bad idea.

- Neelix

Back