Request for an artist

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
At the minute, my current project is using ripped sprites, and I'm kind of keen to take them out and replace them with some original.

I thought I'd post here first to see if anyone had the time and was interested. If not, I know a few other sites to ask on.

There's two ways I can take the graphic style. At the minute it's pixel art scaled up x4 (it's prescaled); alternatively, I could just use the upscaled size.

Don't really need anything too complicated (though I appreciate it doesn't mean "easy" or "simple"). Would need a minimum of two characters

Pixelled Fullsize
Background: 312 x 200 1248 x 800

Character:
Profile 16 x 16 64 x 64
Idle 64 x 64 256 x 256
Jump (Start) 64 x 64 256 x 256
Jump (In Air) 64 x 64 256 x 256
Jump (Land) 64 x 64 256 x 256
Kick 64 x 64 256 x 256
Knocked Down 64 x 64 256 x 256
KO 64 x 64 256 x 256
Win 64 x 64 256 x 256
All character states (except Profile) can be animated, and can have any number of frames (though with the scaled graphics, the Pandora has problems loading certain size sprite sheets)I'm not bothered about a lot of animations. At minimum "Idle" and "Win" should be animated though.

If you want an idea of how it currently looks, here's a video running from my PC

https://www.youtube.com/embed/m_2Lep4fdMM?feature=oembed
The game itself is open source under the MIT licence, but I can be flexible regarding art licence.

If anyone is interested, or has any questions, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimately, it'll end up as a spritesheet kind of like this:

https://github.com/pmprog/SuperJumpKickTurbo/blob/master/resources/akuma.png

akuma.png

But if it helps create the animation by making a GIF, then that's fine, as I can extract the frames.

You might also notice a number of extra frames in these spritesheets. I was planning on having a "Super Move" button, but I'm not sure if I'll implement that.

I've found some opensource graphics that change the style somewhat, but looks quite good. Just need to fix up a few bits now :)

If you still want some original stuff, I can work on it in my freetime.

Should have two players and some background in about a week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you still want some original stuff, I can work on it in my freetime.

Should have two players and some background in about a week or so.
Yeah, that would be great, if you don't mind, and have time to spare.
The graphics I got from OpenGameArt look quite nice, but the "kicks" aren't very pronounced. The new graphics (see attachment) looks like they're just waiving their leg rather than actually kicking.

Need to see how it plays on the Pandora now the WiFi drivers have been updated, and see if there are any remaining bugs.

kickcompare.png

Back