Request For Scummvm 'features' Feedback.

Hi DJWillis,

I'm not quite ready yet to test your mouse code, but since you're working on it now I do have one request. Would it be possible to add the option to reverse the up/down axes?

I'm currently working on a hack to embed one of these into the back of my GP2x. However, because the pad will essentially be sitting upside down, one set of axes will need to be reversed. My preference to keep certian functions of the pad working is to reverse up/down.

edit: correct link

DJWillis posted on Aug 20 2006 at 07:34 PM said:
Hi Shaddac,

What version are you using?

Is there free space on the SD and just for the hell of it have you rtied a folder WITHOUT a space in it?

John

I'm running Alpha 8a on firmware 2.00 and unfortunately, I've tried a folder without space. I have about 35 mb free space on the SD card, so that shouldn't be the problem either.

//Shaddac

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fine... It'll probably a couple of weeks anyway before work and 'real life' give me a chance to finish putting everything together.

Thanks.

Ok,

I got some PM's asking for this so here is the evil test USB mouse version posted on the Beta Thread.

Please READ THE NOTES on that page before you even think about trying this.
It is not a propper ScummVM release.

Shaddac posted on Aug 20 2006 at 06:29 PM said:
Hmm... I don't get the save feature to work at all, which I find very weird. I have however only tried Broken Sword 1 so far. I get an error message when I try to save, can't really make out what it says due to the rezising issue though. Something like this I think...

Unable to create the "SAVE GAME blabla" blabla... "mnt/sd/Other Games/scumm/bsword"

then a second message appears:

Can't create SAVEGAME.INF in directory :nmt/sd/Other Games/scumm/bsword

I would be extremely happy if someone can help me with this. Don't know whether it's a bug in the GP2X version of SCUMM or if I've done something wrong.

Cheers!
//Shaddac

Hmm I get that with Beneath A Steel Sky.. but I think I did read that saving isn`t poss yet.. ingame auto saves work.. but not reg ones..

Mycuhl posted on Aug 17 2006 at 09:28 AM said:
So the only game I could find my CDs for is Fate of Atlantis, so I don't know if this is only one game or all games. Save is broken for me. I can save a game and restore a game and that works OK, but if I turn the machine off and on again, the only save game that actually works is the auto save one. The others show up in the menu, but take me to some point early in the game (which might be where my save game#1 is saved)

Tried exiting the game to the GP2X menu as you suggested and my save games now work properly, thanks!

My one enhancement request ...

Low Battery Warniing popup.

Twice I've been so involved in the game I didn't look at the tiny light on the unit, and suddenly it all just went dead.

Mycuhl posted on Aug 21 2006 at 06:00 PM said:
Low Battery Warning popup.

Twice I've been so involved in the game I didn't look at the tiny light on the unit, and suddenly it all just went dead.

Great idea, battery metering code is already in there just not really called yet so it's just a case or wiring it up in such a way it does not hit anything else by polling it regularly.

Maybe I could return a battery level on save (including auto save), I was going to show the level everytime you changed volume, something like that. Hmmm, something more to play with ;).

Turning that on it's head I wonder, calling auto-save on a low battery, could be a bitch to do but not impossable.

Back