Retro Gaming Blog

b._.o._.b

I've reviewed some games here. That was a rather time-consuming activity and I was not always pleased with the result, so I thought it might be a better idea to start a basic blog primarily to make small comments/reviews on games with youtube videos.
I'd like to use this thread to keep everybody informed on new posts on my blog. Only review entries about games will be anounced here.

Here is the link. The first game commented on is Viewpoint (can't get the music out of my head ;) ).

Hope you like the idea and the games.

b_o_b said:
I've reviewed some games here. That was a rather time-consuming activity and I was not always pleased with the result, so I thought it might be a better idea to start a basic blog primarily to make small comments/reviews on games with youtube videos.
I'd like to use this thread to keep everybody informed on new posts on my blog. Only review entries about games will be anounced here.

Here is the link. The first game commented on is Viewpoint (can't get the music out of my head ;) ).

Hope you like the idea and the games.

Though I like the idea I think over 3mins of you playing a game is a bit tedious and would prefer to see segments from different levels plus the title screens and what options are available (ie multiplayer modes).
You may also be able to include references in your blog to sections on the video timeline.

Although it would meen more work for you as you would have to record yourself playing the game for longer and also find the best bits to edit together.

Last edited by a moderator:
foleyjo said:
Though I like the idea I think over 3mins of you playing a game is a bit tedious and would prefer to see segments from different levels plus the title screens and what options are available (ie multiplayer modes).
You may also be able to include references in your blog to sections on the video timeline.

Although it would meen more work for you as you would have to record yourself playing the game for longer and also find the best bits to edit together.
Well, it is not me playing and I am not planning to make videos of games I play. I just steal the links :)
With this blog I like to share the experience, and discuss it when people feel like it. A couple of minutes of gameplay should give you an idea about the game if you've never played it.

I have added a link to the wikipedia page, there is a comment on the multiplayer mode you are talking about.

Thanks for your comment.

tried to comment but don't have blogger account :)

so posting comment here:
--------------
hey thanks for the lowdown on this game, never played it before.

one of the most difficult things is to find good games for the emulators on the gp2x, hope this blog has a long life!

cheers:)
----------

Any GP2X biased retro blog is worth a subscription to IMHO.

Keep it coming!

New game video added. Jumping Jackson for Amiga.
New game video added. Tetris Attack for SNES
New game video added. Progear for CPS-2
New game video added. StuntCar Racer for Amiga / Atari-ST

Here is the link.

[Edit] Added StuntCar Racer

There is good content on your blog. I am enjoying it. I really love that Racketboy.com site.

imhotep said:
There is good content on your blog. I am enjoying it. I really love that Racketboy.com site.
Nice to see someone is enjoying it :D

New game video added, Vectorman for Genesis
New game video added. Yar's Revenge for Atari-2600

[edit] added Yar's Revenge

Shifty said:
I am also enjoying it. Nice articles :)
Thanks! :)

I try to add an article every day as long as I am motivated. Future will know how long that will be ;)

I'd like to add gamevideos of GP2X homebrew games, but there are not a lot of them on youtube.
Would be nice if someone added Sqdef, Ruck-man, Battlejewels, Phishy, Max in GhostPix or other quality homebrew.

Game video added. Warioware Inc for Gameboy Advance
Game video added. Pitman for Gameboy

Here is the link.

[Edit] Pitman added

I get the feeling you are a fan of WarioWare like me. Have you tried Rhythm Tengoku for GBA? It's a Japanese rhythm game with a bit of a WarioWare feel.

Nice idea and it is well done. I have just added it to my favourites and I will check in from time to time :)

Just a quick idea - you have a cool list of 100+ top emulated games on GP2X. Maybe if you linked and reviewed one of these every second game on your blog? That way, people would know certain reviews were coming up, but also would not know what the other 50% of reviews would be!

The list you have has loads of great games which play well on GP2X and it could be very useful for newbies to the scene to check out you blog to see what to load up? The only downside for you is the time to do it!

Just an idea, but great blog anyway and a good read. Good luck!

imhotep said:
I get the feeling you are a fan of WarioWare like me. Have you tried Rhythm Tengoku for GBA? It's a Japanese rhythm game with a bit of a WarioWare feel.
Yep, love WarioWare. I haven't tried Rythm Tengoku yet, but I will for sure. Looks like major fun :)

sataniC Virus said:
Just a quick idea - you have a cool list of 100+ top emulated games on GP2X. Maybe if you linked and reviewed one of these every second game on your blog? That way, people would know certain reviews were coming up, but also would not know what the other 50% of reviews would be!
Great Idea SV! Unfortunately not all games on my list are on youtube or have reviews, but I think most of them will. Right now I want to add some more different emulated systems, but when I'm finished with that I will work my way through the list like you suggested.

Game video added. Bump 'n' Jump - NES
Game video added. Chuckie Egg - Spectrum
Game video added. Repton - BBC Micro
Game video added.Switchblade - Amstrad CPC
Game video added Space Taxi - C64

Here is the link.

[Edit] Added Space Taxi

[Edit July 20th 2008] I have added some new game video's reviews lately, but I will stop editing this post.For the latest info, visit my blog.

Back