Retrovirus 1.1

thos_thom

Still Fresh
Website
treesofgreen.co.uk
These are some of the things people have requested to make the game more playable/less annoying. And a couple of other fixes. Unless somthing is terribly wrong with this version I will cease development now on retrovirus to concentrate on some of my other GP2X games such as SUIT and PARAGON.

retrovirus_ingame2.png

the new version of retrovirus us as of now, available at the archive

if my webserver was working you could look at some of my stuff here:
http://www.technicalmargaret.co.uk
it will be up again soon.
[cut]
Updates:

Made some changes to make the game more stable.

Fixed some important memory management issuses, if people are still seeing
the game lock up, I would like to know about it. Knowing where you were
and what you were doing would be really helpfull.

You can now skip the logo intro and the story intro.
For the logos intro, press any key.
For the story intro press start!

You can now exit to the menu with "stick and select" as well as quiting the
game with "stick and start". Quitting to the menu is exiting your game so
be aware.

All functions of the "a" button have been mirrored to all of the other
buttons on the keypad. (a/b/x/y).

thanks again for playing![/cut]

Very nice game, still a bit unstable. It hang after a couple of games. First the sound and gameplay slowed down and after that it hang completely.
That will not stop me playing it, because it's a very relaxing game with great graphics.

B)-->
b._.o._.b said:
Very nice game, still a bit unstable. It hang after a couple of games. First the sound and gameplay slowed down and after that it hang completely.
That will not stop me playing it, because it's a very relaxing game with great graphics.

is "a couple of games" == two levels? How was your battery life?

Are save files from the first release compatible or will I have to start all over again?

files are compatable

Last edited by a moderator:
is "a couple of games" == two levels? How was your battery life?

I thought level 11 or something like that. The batteries were not full anymore, but not completely empty. I played another game for a 2/3 minutes or so before the red light warned me.

Have to say after I tried the game again after my message (I used the save option after every level) it didn't crash on me once, and I reached level 17.
The game has a save feature, so even if it is a small bug, it's not a real problem.

Thank you for this game and hope to see SUIT and PARAGON soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's even half as good as this then it will be a welcome addition to my SD card. :) I'm looking forward to your future releases, thos_thom! :)

Back