Return?

plounted

hello. i recently purchased a gp2x from gp32z.com. i am considering returning it, because i believe it has a flaw. if i so much as play a game for 5 minutes, then turn off the gp2x, then turn it on five or ten seconds later, it will not cone on. i have to replace the batteries with fresh ones. i feel that this is not normal. should i return this gp2x?

well thats help full, but im using 2500 mah energizers. this blows the crap out of that argument. anything else?
it says nihm in very small letters. 1.2 volt nihm hr6 i believe

Are they new rechargable batteries?, are you sure that your charger is operating correctly?, do you leave the batteries enough time to fully charge?, some batteries are crap, be them Energizer or not.

I'm using some Duracell 2500 mAh NiMH batteries, they work quite nicely :) .

Anyway, if your problem hasn't been answered by any of these posts, I suggest that you return the machine and get it replaced.

Regards,

X-Code.

I'm curious, is it just freezing if you try to restart it quickly after turning it off... or will it not come back on at all after turning it off?

freezing. the light comes on, but the scrren has lines all over it or it will be black. maybe ill try some duracells. and it freezes whether i leave it for 10 seconds or two hours.

hmm, its not always a problem of bad batteries/charger.
My gp2x would not run for more than 5-10 minutes even with 2500mah ansmann photo batteries and I have an ansmann charger as well.
After 3 months of annoying myself to it, I send it back and liksang reported that it was indeed broken and I got a new one :).

So make sure to try different kinds of batteries and chargers and if nothings seems to work, just send it back don't wait for three months like me...

plounted posted on Jul 9 2006 at 09:51 AM said:
freezing. the light comes on, but the scrren has lines all over it or it will be black. maybe ill try some duracells. and it freezes whether i leave it for 10 seconds or two hours.

aapje89 posted on Jul 9 2006 at 11:32 AM said:
hmm, its not always a problem of bad batteries/charger.
My gp2x would not run for more than 5-10 minutes even with 2500mah ansmann photo batteries and I have an ansmann charger as well.
After 3 months of annoying myself to it, I send it back and liksang reported that it was indeed broken and I got a new one :).

So make sure to try different kinds of batteries and chargers and if nothings seems to work, just send it back don't wait for three months like me...

Yes, the voltage regulator could be faulty, get a new GP2X from your dealer, or get get the thing fixed by the dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back