Right, let's start recovering this?

So you are considering offering a discount to original preorders (which by and large already have a discount) to upgrade to the 1GHz?

You do realise there are people who have paid FULL PRICE for the 1GHz not more than 2 months ago waiting for their "Special" "Test" Run units?

If the upgrade price is $100 less than the current upgrade price i.e. $400+shipping then I can let it slide and will consider the extra I paid as a donation AS LONG as the current 1GHz orders are filled in current queue order before these new (new) upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does this differ from a pyramid scheme now?
In a pyramid scheme, OPT would promise X units to redistributers who pre-order for Y cost, with the promise of further units once those are sold. Those redistributers would then sell some X+x' pre-orders to customers for Y+y' cost, banking on the full sale and eventual claim of additional units. Some of those customers might then attempt to sell x'' units on ebay for Y+y'+y'' cost attempting to bank on the promise of a quick return. And thus the pyramid grows wider as it goes.

Craig and EvilDragon are basically a straight line to the end customer. A few bumps in the line, but for the most part it's all top to bottom.

I think the word you were looking for is "Ponzi" scheme, where it needs an ever increasing influx of investment to cover the principal and promised interest of the earlier investors, but even this fails: when a ponzi scheme fails, only the newest members lose whereas here it would be the oldest pre-orders that would lose. Also not quite accurate because a ponzi scheme takes new investments to cover old investments whereas OPT is no longer accepting pre-orders to cover old pre-orders: they are making outright sales to cover old pre-orders. This scheme necessarily has at worst a zero return, meaning old pre-orders hang in limbo for eternity, and at best a positive return, meaning Craig really is shipping old pre-orders with each new sale. If they start taking pre-orders again, THEN we're at risk of the kind of negative return that causes a ponzi scheme to collapse.

Ok , let's be clearer. Openpandora Ltd should seek cash via investment. Whether that's via VC or selling a stake in that company. The point is we really can't go on with this band aid approach to keep going. It's no way to run a business and is only serving to aggrevate those still waiting even further and damage the business.

Ok , let's be clearer. Openpandora Ltd should seek cash via investment. Whether that's via VC or selling a stake in that company. The point is we really can't go on with this band aid approach to keep going. It's no way to run a business and is only serving to aggrevate those still waiting even further and damage the business.

Just for shitz n giggles, walk into a bank this afternoon and say to them, "I have £20K of debt I'd like to pay off, please can you give me a loan ?"

See how far you get.

It probably wouldn't even be much money that's needed - once OpenPandora Ltd. has enough money to buy off a large number of 1GHz Pandoras from me (and cover the 20K for the first ones I sent), recovery and shipping out the remaining preorders could happen pretty fast.

It probably wouldn't even be much money that's needed - once OpenPandora Ltd. has enough money to buy off a large number of 1GHz Pandoras from me (and cover the 20K for the first ones I sent), recovery and shipping out the remaining preorders could happen pretty fast.

and shouldn't the KS for ICP2 provide good cashflow in a moment?

That money is not available before November and additionally, it's a different company.

Also, the money CAN ONLY be used for the given purpose, nothing else.

Using that money would be illegal!

How much, do you reckon, ED?

Fact is, these don't seem like *huge* sums of money to be fucking things up so much. But yet ..

How much, do you reckon, ED?

Fact is, these don't seem like *huge* sums of money to be fucking things up so much. But yet ..

I can't answer that, as I don't know how many outstanding 1GHz units Craig still has left.

That money is not available before November and additionally, it's a different company.

Also, the money CAN ONLY be used for the given purpose, nothing else.

Using that money would be illegal!

Elwing, firstly, that's insane. secondly, the whole point of the iCP2 is a fresh slate.. get it ordered, sent and done smoothly and without friction.

Secondly, what do you want to do again? Take that $150k.. order all of the pandoras in the batch queue and start the clock on the iCP2 orders? you're just swapping debt for debt.

The iCP2 will generate a lot of positive press... will generate a lot of sales and will generally make things suck less :)

also ,The KS needs $370 in 30 minutes to finish the first week with an even 60k.

What about donations? I'd gladly chip in 5€ if i feel every one is doing the same and that it's going directly to resolve the issue.

This is another glitch in the whole project but I am confident it's just a glitch. I'm confident Craig wants to see this through. If he didn't I'm sure he would have packed it in a long time ago! So really what they need is our support.

I do understand it's difficult to keep giving another last chance though. I really want a Pandora so I'm prepared to hang around for as long as it takes really as there's nothing out there like it!

As an old pre-orderer (Nov 2009) from Craig's shop I've already said I'd pay a little more to upgrade to a 1GHz unit. I can't afford the full upgrade price to 1GHz though :(

I would also do this on the understanding that a full price 1GHz should be fulfilled before mine.

But to me it seems like the way forward. OpenPandora UK gets a bit more money to hopefully send a full price 1GHz unit out and ultimately gets rid of a loss-making old pre-order.

This is another glitch in the whole project but I am confident it's just a glitch. I'm confident Craig wants to see this through. If he didn't I'm sure he would have packed it in a long time ago! So really what they need is our support.

I do understand it's difficult to keep giving another last chance though. I really want a Pandora so I'm prepared to hang around for as long as it takes really as there's nothing out there like it!

As an old pre-orderer (Nov 2009) from Craig's shop I've already said I'd pay a little more to upgrade to a 1GHz unit. I can't afford the full upgrade price to 1GHz though :(

I would also do this on the understanding that a full price 1GHz should be fulfilled before mine.

But to me it seems like the way forward. OpenPandora UK gets a bit more money to hopefully send a full price 1GHz unit out and ultimately gets rid of a loss-making old pre-order.
Ah yeah, I failed to mention that in my post, but I am fully willing to wait until the current 1GHz backlog is taken care of before my upgrade is sent out, assuming the lower-price upgrade. I have a feeling other classic preorderers feel the same way, as long as this would get OpenPandora Ltd. back on its feet.

Ah yeah, I failed to mention that in my post, but I am fully willing to wait until the current 1GHz backlog is taken care of before my upgrade is sent out, assuming the lower-price upgrade. I have a feeling other classic preorderers feel the same way, as long as this would get OpenPandora Ltd. back on its feet.

I'd assume being put after the test run people. No problem there.

Guess it all depends on the amount how many of us will jump in.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

"Well, he needs money to pay for the 1GHz units, sending those to old customers won't help here. So it makes sense"... unless you're one of the old customers still waiting for their Pandora for, you know, years and years. I understand the financial logic in play here, but it sure would be nice for us old timers to not be the ones to take it on the chin once in a while. just sayin...

Back