Right Nub Glitchy

Kisama

Still Fresh
My left nub seems to get caught on something when shifted to the left, thus it doesn't move at full speed. This is a minor annoyance.

My right nub seems glitchy. When I "left-click" something with it, that something flickers as if it's losing contact and regaining it over and over. I can sometimes overcome this by sliding it all the way to the left, but not with any consistency. Is there a debugging tool I can use to test the contacts? Perhaps something similar to the old joystick calibration tools?

You could reconfigure the right one as mouse and check if it behaves erratic too or if the mouse button problem is software related. Your left nub is starting to die and you should send your unit back with a proper problem report.

reconfigure both nubs as joystick and run "op_test_inputs" from the command line. See how the nubs respond there. Press the L and R shoulder buttons at the same time to exit.

WizardStan said:
reconfigure both nubs as joystick and run "op_test_inputs" from the command line. See how the nubs respond there. Press the L and R shoulder buttons at the same time to exit.

So if i have reset and recalibrated my nubs, changed them to joystick mode, and one of them does not do a circle but a very jaggy ellipse if turned, it's definately faulty? :eek: :huh: :(
Edit: nvm, i examined the feel more closely now, left one definately has some obstruction scratching underneath it, the gluey bit most likely.

Thought already, but still... Well i'll just play with it some more before returning it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
MarkoeZ said:
WizardStan said:

So if i have reset and recalibrated my nubs, changed them to joystick mode, and one of them does not do a circle but a very jaggy ellipse if turned, it's definately faulty? :eek: :huh: :(
Edit: nvm, i examined the feel more closely now, left one definately has some obstruction scratching underneath it, the gluey bit most likely.

Thought already, but still... Well i'll just play with it some more before returning it ;)

It's best to wait until the new produced nubs are there, which should not fail anymore (or I'm going to blow up the company... who wants to join in? :D)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
It's best to wait until the new produced nubs are there, which should not fail anymore (or I'm going to blow up the company... who wants to join in? :D )

Good job you don't live in the wonderful bastion of free speech that is the UK ED. Just look what happened to this guy after a 'menacing electronic communication'.

Saying that, most courts would probably decide your actions were reasonable if they don't get the nubs right this time. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back