Release Rockbox as an app

Hi jottt, a new theme sounds good. Any pointers as to how to get it going?

I've tried the AW_SqueezeWVGA file and tried placing either the theme .cfg file in /rockbox/themes and the icons /rockbox/icons and the .wps .sbs etc, as that dialog box suggests in the post linked and also tried replacing the entire appdata/rockbox folder with the one inside that download. Despite browsing to the theme settings section of rockbox I cant get it to show up as a choice of theme :(

Have I chosen the wrong download?

edit : to ask about download choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Themes installation is not quite intuitive, I admit ;) It was covered somewhere here in the thread by thomasjfox. Maybe it's best to put that information on the repo as well.

Everything (that is usually in ".rockbox") has to go to:

./appdata/rockbox/.config/rockbox.org/

Usually there is not much in there from the start. After extracting the theme it should look like this and Rockbox should be able to find it.

./pandora/appdata/rockbox/.config/rockbox.org/backdrops/

./pandora/appdata/rockbox/.config/rockbox.org/fonts/

./pandora/appdata/rockbox/.config/rockbox.org/icons/

./pandora/appdata/rockbox/.config/rockbox.org/themes/

./pandora/appdata/rockbox/.config/rockbox.org/wps/

New rockbox pnd has been uploaded.

Changes:

- Add support for L/R shoulder buttons

Enjoy!

Nice! This should be awesome when combined with the new power management :)

Changes:

Enjoy!
Would it be possible to add the ability to hear the audio when scanning?

Also can anyone recommend some themes or EQ files?

Changes:

Enjoy!

It's both nice and annoying... now my tracks skip accidentally unless I hold the Pandora in my hand. Any chance of hold switch support?

That would first require the SDL lib on firmware to be modified to generate events for it. Or using Xlib for that.

That would first require the SDL lib on firmware to be modified to generate events for it. Or using Xlib for that.
I played around with "evtest" yesterday and it looks like I can keep the SDL input handler and just add another "thread" to read the input events from /dev/input/eventX.

Only annoying thing is that the kernel sends a lot of key events if the hold switch is triggered, so I'm not sure if it will hurt power consumption.

Would it be possible to add the ability to hear the audio when scanning?
I don't think rockbox does this on any target. You could ask on the rockbox IRC channel or on the rockbox forums though.

Cheers,

Thomas

It's both nice and annoying... now my tracks skip accidentally unless I hold the Pandora in my hand. Any chance of hold switch support?
I have a build up and running with hold button support. The new code will need some restructuring,

so I won't push a build to the repo until it's upstream.

There's also an alternative: Rockbox could use the 'h' key for hold.

Actually the code for that just needs to be enabled. Would that be enough?

Might be even easier than to fiddle with the hold button and accidentally switch off the pandora on unlock.

(happened twice to me B) )

Might be even easier than to fiddle with the hold button and accidentally switch off the pandora on unlock.
(happened twice to me

Shouldnt that only activate sleep? Well...still annoying, when you want to listen to music. Accepted ;)

Probably gone missing in the thread:

Any news on the C-Button-Crash or the radio-request?

Back