RPG maker xp

Desertsniper

Still Fresh
I toyed with this program many years ago. would it be possible to make a game witht his and use it on the pandora? or use the system on the pandora? i have heard the program works with linux...

There isn't even a native Linux version. Not a chance. You could only try to use QEmu, but the runtime is simply too inefficient - even when running natively it would probably lag as hell.

Although there is an alpha version of a re-implementation of the rm2k engine that works on the pandora, maybe that will reach a usable state eventually.

I've compiled the reimplementation for the Pandora. It... "works"... I wasn't able to find a single game other than the most basic of example that was really playable, but it does show a lot of promise; what did run was extremely well done. I wouldn't count on it in the near future though.

That is a good point about qemu that Letalis made. It might work. It wouldn't hurt to try, at any rate. That'd be pretty awesome, actually. Anyone willing to try? I haven't done a Windows install yet, just FreeDos for the sake of testing.

I just want to be able to try and contribute a game to the community, as I lack coding knowledge ( have very little). With a design engine like this I can make a rockin' game.

Although there is an alpha version of a re-implementation of the rm2k engine that works on the pandora, maybe that will reach a usable state eventually.

Where is this? I've been wanting to use an RPG Maker on the Pandora ever since I got it.

RPG Maker XP system requirements are too high for qemu on Pandora: Pentium III 800 MHz

But for RPG Maker 2000 a Pentium II 200 MHz suffices. Maybe even less. Works with Windows 95.

So maybe rpg maker 2k games (those were the best anyway) work fullspeed with qemu?

Last edited by a moderator:
Qemu can emulate a Pentium with 60MHz and it is highly dependent on the game, also. I I doubt that it can lift a Pentium with 200Mhz...

I got an old version of Gamemaker to run on qemu on my android phone with windows 98 - I think it was version 6. I even got an old version of GLBasic to run on qemu. The editor worked well but the games wouldn't run because win 98 soft openGL renderer is hopeless and there is no chance of hardware acceleration.

Edit: hopefully relevant to the topic

Back