Runescape On Pandora?

bennollan

Still Fresh
Is it possible to run Runescape on the Pandora?

If so would it run at a playable framerate?

Is it possible to run Runescape on the Pandora?
If so would it run at a playable framerate?

Runescape needs Java, jME and lwjgl to run. We'll have Java and jME, but not lwjgl (in the beginning; hopefully later). So no, you will not be able to play Runescape. IF lwjgl is ported, however, you will be able to for sure (sooner or later).

Last edited by a moderator:
you should be able to actually. It at a time did not use a Graphics Layer to access the graphics card. It can run on direct CPU. It has a semi-low quality rendering engine remember? It always falls back to that if it cannot access the graphics card.

Runescape would be great, I use to play that like 3 years ago but I might start again if its on a handheld. Lol I've honestly got so bored with the Pandora forums that I've been looking over at the Wiz even though I don't intend to buy one.

I haven't played that game for years now, but I think the (non-gpu) game runs at 765x502 resolution. You'd lose 22 pixels on top or bottom.

dflemstr said:
Runescape needs Java, jME and lwjgl to run. We'll have Java and jME, but not lwjgl (in the beginning; hopefully later). So no, you will not be able to play Runescape. IF lwjgl is ported, however, you will be able to for sure (sooner or later).

So wait... Java and jME are going to be on the Pandora at launch? (Your post seems to hint at this) If so, that'd be cool.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
dflemstr said:

So wait... Java and jME are going to be on the Pandora at launch? (Your post seems to hint at this) If so, that'd be cool.

-God Ginrai
Of course, since jME and Java are cross-platform technologies they'll be available. However, what will you do with jME (a game engine) without lwjgl (the 3D drawing library)? We'll have to wait for that to be ported, too.

dflemstr said:
God Ginrai said:
dflemstr said:

-God Ginrai
Of course, since jME and Java are cross-platform technologies they'll be available. However, what will you do with jME (a game engine) without lwjgl (the 3D drawing library)? We'll have to wait for that to be ported, too.

I was more happy about the fact that Java would be running, to tell you the truth. ;)

-God Ginrai

Back