Salvaria Battle Demo Video

GP2X_Coder

Website
mysite.verizon.net
Here is a quick video of an early beta of the battle demo. This show basically how the battle system works hope you enjoy it post your comments let me know. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ziZlU8zKI

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks excellent! I love the way that mushroom head fires the top of his head the wiz lol

And the joust... :eek:

It looks great so far, at any rate I like the graphics and believe that this game will be worth waiting for. The only complaint I have is when the characters run forward to attack they take too much time at it, but this can be fixed by adding a second battle mode people can switch to where they either jump forward quickly or teleport to the enemy to attack. Besides that, it looks perfect so far.

Looks nice so far, animations/speed could need a bit more work through.
How about putting some effects on a top layer, like rain or something?

Agreed... animations need speeding up, but they look gorgeous at the moment.

If they were faster, they'd look right... atm they sort of look a bit HOMM3. Can't help but wonder ifthe guy being shot at would just sidestep lol...

I`m no fan of games with pre rendered graphics like this one has, looks pretty bad imho.
I also really don`t like the scrolling battlescreen, but maybe that is just me.

Sorry, but keep up your work, it looks like you put much into it, and many people will like it (look at the comments above).

It`s just no game for me.

Looks like a start for a very good RPG and I especially like you used some of the monsters from the AD&D world. I remember the mushroom men from Icewind Dale and other Black Isle games.

I hope that maybe you guys choose to do a traditional top down view on the over world with fluid animations. Cause like someone else said I am not a fan of pre-rendered. Maybe even make the charchters on the same screen would be nice speed things up. But hey I cant code for crap so who am I to judge hehe.

I am having an extremley hard time posting any new topic so if this works here is an update video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vOdvJYXjzo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back