Screen Dimensions Of Gp2x?

pipa

Still Fresh
Website
candyaddict.com
I am SERIOUSLY thinking about getting a GP2X and have never seen one in person. I'm trying to get a feel for the size of the screen on it. The screen is 3.5" - what is that a measurement of? Length and Width (3.5"x3.5"?) Diagonal? Can someone measure the actual length and width of the screen for me? I'd like to compare that with the size of a GBA screen. Is it smaller, bigger, or same size as a GBA screen?

Thanks for any help!
brian
http://candyaddict.com

Hi buddy, great news, I don't have a GP2X either! To answer your question, the screen is 3.5" diagonally, and much bigger than the GBA's screen. It has a much higher resolution than the GBA too, so it's win-win.

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
pipa posted on Feb 15 2006 at 08:17 PM said:
The screen is 3.5" - what is that a measurement of? Length and Width (3.5"x3.5"?) Diagonal? Can someone measure the actual length and width of the screen for me?
Screens are always measured by their diagonal, in archaic inches.
The screen's width and height are 4/3 relatively and the diagonal is 3.5", the dimensions of the screen are thus (insert some basic math here...) given by:

Code:
width = 3.5" / sqrt( 1+(3/4)^2) = 2.8" = 7.1 cm
height = (3/4) * width = 2.1" = 5.3 cm

eWoud posted on Feb 15 2006 at 05:54 PM said:
The screen is 3.5" - what is that a measurement of? Length and Width (3.5"x3.5"?) Diagonal? Can someone measure the actual length and width of the screen for me?
The screen's width and height are 4/3 relatively and the diagonal is 3.5", the dimensions of the screen are thus (insert some basic math here...) given by:

Code:
Gee professor, I didn't know you still had the time to frequent these boards :lol:

- Alex

PS: Nice photos Skeezix, do you think you could someday take a photo of these turned on so we could compare screen brightness? :)

jmetal88 posted on Feb 16 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
iignotus posted on Feb 16 2006 at 04:44 PM said:
eWoud posted on Feb 15 2006 at 04:54 PM said:
Real men measure in furlongs :ph34r:

Nay, real men measure in digits and cubits.
Ubba Grubba. Ug. Real men. Hurff. Use Stones. Ubba Grabba. Ug want food.

eWoud posted on Feb 15 2006 at 05:54 PM said:

Code:

That's funny because that's what I was doing. I made a quadratic equation out of it an dsolved for X. I haven't done that since college.

Brian
http://candyaddict.com

Back