Screen flashing pink.

Cas

My quite early first batch Pandora has started the pink flashing screen thing so I assume it is all going to get worse.

Best way to deal with it ? Do I send it back to ED, Craig or buy an LCD cable and deal with it myself, I do have soldering experience ?

Soldering Experience won't help you there... the ribbon cable is wearing down and it needs to be replaced. While you can attempt to reinstall the cable yourself... as was already mentioned you're safest option is to send it to ED. Or you could order the cable and do the repair yourself. I think ED posted an instructional video on YouTube showing how to do the repair at home if you are so inclined.

Soldering Experience won't help you there... the ribbon cable is wearing down and it needs to be replaced. While you can attempt to reinstall the cable yourself... as was already mentioned you're safest option is to send it to ED. Or you could order the cable and do the repair yourself. I think ED posted an instructional video on YouTube showing how to do the repair at home if you are so inclined.

Yes I watched that and ED mentions that the newer LCD ribbons have the speakers included in them.

Well I was going to buy one and replace myself but £15 to ship that little cable to the UK :-||

Shipping nearly the cost of that little lightweight item ???

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to attempt to swap the lcdcable yourself, buy two.

If you want to attempt to swap the lcdcable yourself, buy two.

Do not mind buying two just incase, but I refuse to pay those postal charges for such a small light item :(

^ Perhaps try contacting ED about it? Well, assuming that that's where you're ordering the cable from (I'm unsure if Craig's shop sells them, I must admit). Maybe the store software is just being a bit screwy? I doubt it's supposed to be that high... :p

^ Perhaps try contacting ED about it? Well, assuming that that's where you're ordering the cable from (I'm unsure if Craig's shop sells them, I must admit). Maybe the store software is just being a bit screwy? I doubt it's supposed to be that high... :p

Yes, thanks, I have sent a PM to ED :)

I did send ED a PM, he has read my post, that was two days ago, but no reply as yet :(

I did send ED a PM, he has read my post, that was two days ago, but no reply as yet

OP also stands for 'Overly Patient'. All things will come to pass in due course. :)

ED is a very busy man. Send another pm in a few days incase he's swamped and forgot.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Back