Screen Protectors Count Too!

Speaking of screen protectors, I have a few unused discount codes for ZAGG.com (the makers of the invisible shield) :

50% off, good until May 31 - is743faw

40% off, good until May 31 - is8fj9d1

40% off, good until June 21 - i3b1adps

30% off, good until May 31 - i3b1dnzp

Please be kind to others, and post if you use one. :)

Beholder said:
Mithrildor said:
Mjlink said:
Mithrildor said:
You can fit them on a bit nicer cause this looks real bad an cheap:
What a goat
feral-goat1.jpg

Hmm... I bet right now, that goat is just chewing away on same grass with no idea that he has a mug shot on the internet for all to see. Some goats only dream of having what he has. (not really)

no no. im right here.

EDIT:: and you guys are making this way harder than it needs to be. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=3Tl&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&ei=w3r8S9_fIIi29QSdkLjjBA&sa=X&oi=spellfullpage&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CBwQvwUoAQ&q=gridded+screen+protector&spell=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Defo said:
Speaking of screen protectors, I have a few unused discount codes for ZAGG.com (the makers of the invisible shield) :

I used the below:

Thank you!

SONY said:
For home (not cinema) movies and home hd movies, 16:9 is the way to go! :)

I prefer 16:10. That way, you can watch 16:9 with no hassle, and still have a better resolution for actual computing.

-God Ginrai

You can get screen protectors really cheap on ebay from china.

Got one for about $5 shipped for my N900 along with a protective hard rubber casing. the quality of the screen protector is actually really good zero bubbles and not really visible, but definitely protects the screen. The protective case has a few imperfections on the edges but it was definitely worth it.

I just bought 10 archos 605 screen protectors for $5. You know, just in case I fail to apply without bubbles 9 times.

Elanzer said:

Got one for about $5 shipped for my N900 along with a protective hard rubber casing. the quality of the screen protector is actually really good zero bubbles and not really visible, but definitely protects the screen. The protective case has a few imperfections on the edges but it was definitely worth it.

I just bought 10 archos 605 screen protectors for $5. You know, just in case I fail to apply without bubbles 9 times.

I hope they work well for you. Some people wave off more expensive screen protectors, reasoning that it is just a piece of plastic and that any old thing will do.

In my experience, only a few screen protectors are ever worth the money/application. Too many are either just crappy, sticky plastic, or they reduce the sensitivity of the touch screen to nothing, or they are impossible to apply correctly. It's supposed to be a one-time thing. If you need to change it every 3 months then you've bought a poor protector.

Just saying. Again, hope they work out for you, I'll take my chances with a brand name.

Defo said:

I wish this had been posted before I ordered mine :p

D4damage said:
I wish this had been posted before I ordered mine :p

Just a FYI for anyone else ordering off that site, if you use the coupon code ZAGG20 you get 20% off.

joseluisjazz said:
may88 said:
What are the dimensions of the Pandora screen. 4.3" but what about hight? Better what's't in metric?
Any one know of a UK stockist? Carphone warehouse is the main one but I can't see an archos 605 version.

I've seen a 102mmx64mm version but I'm not sure that's big enough.

Or small enough ;)

Ok, look the operation is really simple since we know all we need. The diag (4.3' == 109.22 mm), and that the proportion (800x480 pixels).
So we apply the Pythagorean theorem: sqrt(800^2+480^2) gives us more or less 933 pixels for the diagonal.
Now only remains applying the rule of three. 933 px is to 109.22 mm as 800 px is X. And the same with the vertical.
(800x109.22/933) = 94.6 mm and (480x109.22/933) = 56.2 mm.

The size is reaaaaally small :) I knew it was small but when I actually saw the size of the screen protector I bought I really thought they sent me the wrong model. :D I hope the screen will be enough for my needs.

Like the maths. I assume these things can be cut down to size (best not too) and that I want to fill the aperture in the case rather than the just the active screen. Also I was told once we lose the bottom three rows of pixels or so.

Anyone with a Pandora in the wild tired to fit a Zagg Invisible shield or can measure this thing proper.

I just ordered one of the InvisibleShield screensavers. Thans, the Elanzer, the ZAGG20 code payed for the shipping.

I used to use screen protectors religiously. On my DS, on my V1100, on my Palm Pilot ... etc.

But I had a philosophical revelation. I'm reducing the clarity and brightness of the screens of the devices (not a lot, but noticeably) to ward off some theoretical risk that probably won't happen, and if it does happen will probably not be worse than the screen protectors themselves.

Not to mention the fact that screen protectors attract dust, eventually start to peal at the corners, etc. And that one particle of dust that you didn't notice until you got the screen protector pasted down? As bad as a dead pixel.

I decided that if the chance I'll have to replace the unit is 1%, then I can't justify using a screen protector that reduces my appreciation of the screen by 1% or more.

And I'm happier for it. I'll tell you it was a glorious feeling to peal off those screen protectors and suddenly see the screen that much crisper and brighter!

VRAndy said:
I used to use screen protectors religiously. On my DS, on my V1100, on my Palm Pilot ... etc.

But I had a philosophical revelation. I'm reducing the clarity and brightness of the screens of the devices (not a lot, but noticeably) to ward off some theoretical risk that probably won't happen, and if it does happen will probably not be worse than the screen protectors themselves.

Not to mention the fact that screen protectors attract dust, eventually start to peal at the corners, etc. And that one particle of dust that you didn't notice until you got the screen protector pasted down? As bad as a dead pixel.

I decided that if the chance I'll have to replace the unit is 1%, then I can't justify using a screen protector that reduces my appreciation of the screen by 1% or more.

And I'm happier for it. I'll tell you it was a glorious feeling to peal off those screen protectors and suddenly see the screen that much crisper and brighter!

Sounds like you're getting cheap screen protectors then, because I've NEVER had a screen protector peel at the edges.

Heads up for anyone wanting a screen protector from ZAGG.com. If you sign up for the iPad giveaway/contest, you get a 40% discount code. That's basically a $9 invisibleSHIELD for just the screen.

Arkay Firestar said:
Sounds like you're getting cheap screen protectors then, because I've NEVER had a screen protector peel at the edges.
Possibly, but I'm unconvinced.

For reference, my brands of choice below:

DS = Hori
iPhone = Power Support USA's anti-glare (fantastic)

Elanzer said:

When you get them you'll have to tell us what the quality is like! I was just looking at that same sale on eBay and was wondering if they'd be worth it.

Back