Screen's Acting Up

javaJake

Jacob Godserv
Website
myhumblecorner.wordpress.com
Hey guys, my Pandora is acting up again. This time the screen likes to flicker and fade at certain lid positions. For example, if I lift it to almost 90 degrees from the table top, it will sometimes start to fade to reverse coloring with intense ghosting.

Is this going to get worse or is it a quirk I can live with?

javaJake said:
Hey guys, my Pandora is acting up again. This time the screen likes to flicker and fade at certain lid positions. For example, if I lift it to almost 90 degrees from the table top, it will sometimes start to fade to reverse coloring with intense ghosting.

Is this going to get worse or is it a quirk I can live with?
The first time I had this. I had no screen in a week.
This time, it have been more than a week since I got the issue the first time on this unit, but the it is getting worst at a fair slow rate. eg I'm still "able" to get the color right and have ghosting only in the bus.
Bt sure, I'm not using my unit as much as before...

Last edited by a moderator:
They're out of stock of LCD cables?

I thought they had all 4000 of the LCS cables?

Well I don't have any information that says they don't have LCD cables. But I did send mine for LCD cable replacement and it's been many weeks since I saw it. Being that it's a quick repair, there was clearly something missing from the equation! (It's on its way back to me now).

Yes, I feel your pain. Definitely the beginning of the end.

Craig's store has had my unit for a few weeks waiting for a repair. I also assumed they just didn't have LCD cables around to fix it with.

In that case, I'm going to send it back and ask for a refund. I don't want to do this, because this device has been a perfect fit for me. However, the Pandora has proven to me that it is experimental and not very good just yet for my-productivity-depends-on-it scenarios. My backup plan is to buy an Android while I'm in school, and two years (max) down the road I will look into buying a Pandora again.

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I needed this at school, I wouldn't be jumping ship. *sigh* :(

If they refund me the amount the Pandora's worth now (in GBP) then I will have actually gained money. Otherwise, I'll lose $30. Not a big deal. In some ways I'd rather eat the $30 and help them out because I think they're that awesome, despite my problems.

Thanks to you all who helped me out! I was able to coordinate a replacement device (Android, which is half what the Pandora is, but it works) in time. I'll be posting my thoughts on the device when I get the time.

Back