Scummvm Skywalker Port Released

Scumm - (All games supported by ScummVM should work to some extent, using the hardware scalar if needed)

Simon - (Simon the Sorcerer one and two)

Sky - (Beneath a Steel Sky)

Sword - (Broken Sword 1) - This engine uses the hardware scalar to downsize the graphics to fix on the GP2X. It is NOT very nice to look at.

Sword2 - (Broken Sword 2) - This engine uses the hardware scalar to downsize the graphics to fix on the GP2X. It is NOT very nice to look at.

Gob - (Goblins one)

Queen - Flight of the Amazon Queen

Kyra - (The Legend of Kyrandia) - This engine is still under heavy development in ScummVM, however the game is playable.

Lure - (Lure of the Temptress) - This engine is still under heavy development in ScummVM, the game is not yet really playable.

Im not sure if any engines other then these were necessarily added in this release..I would love to see more goblins games. Im about to go test the kyrandia games out.

This is smooth sailing on dott and samm, I just have to figure out my ogg conversion problem.

D_Skywalk posted on Jul 15 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
Known bugs:
- Mpeg Videos are Slooowly (we need the 2nd processor?).

Someone propably knows better, but maybe you could use the videoprocessing hardware in 2X...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had some savegames corrupt on me. The "autosave"saved my ass on many occasion. Anyonw else get randon savegame corruption?

Great port dude. This is definately the go to app for SCUMMVM on the GP2X.

Sam and Max was the first PC game I ever bought (showing my age a little?), and to be able to play it as well as the other classics again on the GP2X - well, there's my future long-haul flights to England and back covered (I live in Hawaii now, and could well be the only GP2X owner on the island!)

Thanks for this great release :)

Can someone explain to me in really easy words how to make this work? I copied the files in the zip over, ran scummvm-sky.gpe, black screen. Is there a certain place I have to put my game files? And, what files should I be using? I just chucked everything from my Sam + Max CD into a folder.

Help-a-moron!

toythatkills posted on Jul 17 2006 at 03:19 PM said:
Can someone explain to me in really easy words how to make this work? I copied the files in the zip over, ran scummvm-sky.gpe, black screen. Is there a certain place I have to put my game files? And, what files should I be using? I just chucked everything from my Sam + Max CD into a folder.

Help-a-moron!
What firmware are you running? I'm not sure if firmware matters, but you should at least be getting the Scumm menu when you run it. I run 2.0, and it works.

Real Nice Works !!!!

Work prefecly with atlantis :p

This is the kind of works that make the GP2x FAR
over his competitor :p

paxl13

Optimistic posted on Jul 18 2006 at 11:22 AM said:
Great work!

Does anyone know how to speed up the cursor? I'm having trouble beating the wack-a-rat game in Sam and Max.

Try holding down the Left shoulder pad whilst moving. That's how it's been done in the other ports.

Else just copy out the save and beat Wack a Rat on your PC, and copy it back.

Good job :D.

Not looked at it but glad to see you got the code building. Did the configure stuff I sent you work?

I assume your building it with libMPEG2 for the BS1 and 2 vids at the moment?

I'll drop you a mail as I have some of the basics of the code for supporting DXA videos in the GP2X backend (alternative to using MPEG's, I guess it would be faster for playback). There a good bit bigger then the MPEG’s as there in effect running PNG’s together :D. It should also support the Feeble Files video files when the engine is cleaned up a bit.

Optimistic posted on Jul 18 2006 at 06:22 AM said:
Great work!

Does anyone know how to speed up the cursor? I'm having trouble beating the wack-a-rat game in Sam and Max.
I beat it without speeding up the cursor, so just hang in there man, you can do it. :D

Yono posted on Jul 19 2006 at 10:44 PM said:
Optimistic posted on Jul 18 2006 at 06:22 AM said:
Great work!

I beat it without speeding up the cursor, so just hang in there man, you can do it. :D

I just copied the save over and beat it on my PC, then copied back. It was probably faster that way since beating the game on the PC was dead simple whereas on the GP2X the highest I got was 17 after 10 tries.

I would sill like to have a faster cursor though, maybe even an option to speed up or slow down cursor speed.

Wow, excellent port! It's great to see these games running so well on the GP2X, and what's better, with sound and speech and everything! Really amazing stuff. Been playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on it and didn't notice anything wrong for now.

D_Skywalk posted on Jul 15 2006 at 09:02 AM said:
I know too, that some games dont save the game correctly, but wich? :unsure:
Oh, Full Throttle is one :( When I save the game and load it later on, it takes me to a previous part of the game that I had already completed. Since I only saved it twice, I can't figure out the pattern yet. I know that once I saved it after talking to Mo about the stuff I needed for my bike, and upon loading the game again, it took me back to right after the bike crash.

grahf posted on Jul 20 2006 at 10:24 AM said:
Thats odd, full throttle seems to save fine for me. Ive still at the same section of the game, but i saved/played it a few times already.
Bummer >_< Did you change any settings in the game? Maybe you're using a different version from mine, can't remember right now but I think that when I added the game to the list it showed "Version B" (or maybe it was A, I'll check it when I get home) after the game's name. I'm using the data files I got off gp2xtorrents.com because I *cough* can't find my original CDs *cough*, are those the same you're using?

Back