SD card incompatibility between PC/Mac?

S

scoobydoo

My sd card's data was compiled on a PC/windows 7. Everything contained works spot on on the Pandora.

Recently, I ventured to my brother's house to show him this device that I have been boasting about for quite some time :p

He currently owns a imac/unix osx.

I was going to demonstrate how easy it is ,using the Pandora as a card reader, to download/transfer files. However once attempted to connect ,via mass storage option from menu and firewire to usb connection, the device was unrecognizable. :wacko:

Is this a normal conflict of data? I am sure there were options to create recognition but I was afraid to change anything fearing when getting back to my PC, the cards might be corrupted?

It is my basic assumption that there was a conflict of recognition mac versus PC files, yes?

If I had individually used the cards via the mac's sd card slot would this have worked? Again, I was hesitant to experiment.

Cheers,

Scooby.

Last edited:
As I recall, when using a Mac you have to put it into mass storage mode first, then plug it in. I think. There was something quirky about the Mac.

The lesson here is.......

Keep anything "windows" away from apple products, PERIOD! :p

I never have nothing but problems using itunes and my ipod touch on my windows PC. A true pain in the ass on a regular basis. I'm sure apple will tell you otherwise, but if they do, they are full of @%$#!

Chris

As I recall, when using a Mac you have to put it into mass storage mode first, then plug it in. I think. There was something quirky about the Mac.
This was done.

Mass storage then pick the card. But as said, it [the device]was not recognized. :eek:

Last edited:
Well I suppose the best advice is to keep it out of a imac :huh: !!

Back