SD card is stuck in the slot with no way to remove it

almosthere

Still Fresh
On top of this, neither slot could read the SD prior to it being stuck. But any other computer could read it perfectly *sigh*

There's always an issue that makes it unusable after a couple of months and I don't even use it that much.

On top of this, neither slot could read the SD prior to it being stuck. But any other computer could read it perfectly *sigh*
Care to send a picture ? I think that's the first time I hear of such an issue.

As for the reading itself, do you know in what filetype is the card formatted in ? If it's ExFAT, you can't read it on Pandora (without installing proper drivers).

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems my reply didn't go through before. To summarise: some SD card stickers are too thick to fit into the Pandoras socket and can cause it to jam. I believe I used a pair of tweezers and a little bit of force to remove the card, ad then peeled off the sticker and it worked good as new.

haven't heard much of this also if you do try and pull back out make sure it has been pushed in and wanting to release

My card had no sticker - it was an official Samsung (IIRC) with the details printed onto the card. The problem was not caused by stickers.

In testing mine, the sd card can flex down a little (more than it can bend up), so perhaps click it to unhook it then try bending it down in its slot a little with your fingernail to allow the stickers to stop rubbing against the slot.

I managed to remove it with a pair of tweezers, unfortunately I damaged the SD card, which had no stickers on it by the way. I've used the same card for 2 years. This sucks

^ I think it's fixable as the soldering points are quite large.

lmNlwU6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back