Sd Cards No Longer Work After Firmware 3.0 Upgrade

Rustyk1

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my GP2X firmware to an unofficial 3.0 version that I found here . However, I have now found that my GP2X will no longer read SD cards. People have left comments saying that they downgraded their firmare and this fixed it but how do you downgrade your firmware without using an SD card?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Rustyk1

I can tell you with being almost 100% sure what it is (had this a few times).

The FW3.0.0 is pretty cramped into the NAND (pretty much stuff in there).

Most gp2x that are a bit older have blocks on the NAND marked as BAD (that's normal after a while).
Now, when you update the Firmware and too many blocks are marked as bad, the update process doesn't create /mnt/sd, which means: it can't mount the SD Card.

Now, you can either reflash FW 2.0.0 (after that 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 or whatever you like) or you can delete all the bad blocks and reflash completely new (only possible using JTAG, as you need to scrap the UBoot to do that).

I'd suggest reflashing 2.0.0, if you don't know what you're doing...

Is there a planned update to the official firmware on the horizon? It would be a shame to leave it in its current state, where older versions are preferred over newer ones.

Alex. said:
Is there a planned update to the official firmware on the horizon? It would be a shame to leave it in its current state, where older versions are preferred over newer ones.
I'm not sure, if never had any SD card problems, and im using firmare 3.0.0 with a sandisk 2gb mini sd>with an sd adapter, sry thought that sucks, i was pissed too when i learned the maximum overclock on my 2x was only 250 :angry: byt hey w/e, beggars cant be choosers :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex. said:
Well, the only reason people use the older one is the booting speed...
They need to increase that. The rest of the FW is fine.

Last edited:
Back