Sd Case Is Self Destructing

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
bad time for this to happen, but basically the case is chipping away at the corners. I was able to tape it together to keep the case from separating, but nowone of the corners is off, chip itself is fine for now
The card still works in a memory card reader, but isnt in my GP2X.

Any ideas? get a case off a cheap card and try and switch them?
This stinks though its the only one i have.

If it still works in a memory card reader, I advise you to back everything up. If the case switch fails, just get a new card.

Same thing was happening to my SD card. Cheaply made 4GB "Tomato" brand card - I can't recommend them.
My solution was to get some strong plastic-type tape and wrap one layer around it. This seems to work. I just have to be careful with it now so that when you press it in to eject, I do so very carefully.

It's annoying because my card is less than a month out and has only been ejected < 10 times from my GP2X.

I asked the seller about the quality of the build and I got no reply.

On the flip side, I highly recommend Ridata SD cards. I've got 2x 2GB cards which I still used in my Zodiac and GP2X and they are totally excellent. They are slightly more expensive than other brands but worth it as they are fast to read/write and the case is very strong. Best SD card I've used. The only reason I didn't buy a 4GB Ridata is that I couldn't find a non SDHC version of it anymore! :-(

Just find an old, low capacity card and swap cases using an xacto blade and some supa-glue.

A local PC shop sells old 64-128Mb cards for a couple bucks, just to get rid of them.

coldfis said:
Just find an old, low capacity card and swap cases using an xacto blade and some supa-glue.

A local PC shop sells old 64-128Mb cards for a couple bucks, just to get rid of them.
Id like to try that, just need to find a cheap card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
coldfis said:

I have a plan B, my card is an Adata, which has a lifetime warranty according to the webpage. I believe that would be the number of writes the flash can handle not if the case statys together. Anyway Ill try that route before I try the manual case switching

Pickle said:
Pickle said:
coldfis said:

I have a plan B, my card is an Adata, which has a lifetime warranty according to the webpage. I believe that would be the number of writes the flash can handle not if the case statys together. Anyway Ill try that route before I try the manual case switching

Plan B worked, getting RMA info soon. No surgey required :D

Back