Sdhc Deals?

djcpe

Still Fresh
32GB SDHC are still expensive. The best 32 GB card deal I have seen is $79.99 plus $5.00 s/h.

Ideally, I would love two 32GB SDHC's for my Pandora, but may just use two 16GB SDHC due to the high cost.

If anyone sees any good deals, maybe post the links within this thread? (I hope this isn't against any of the rules...)

Hello again. :) There was actually a thread about this not too long ago here.

I'll probably hold off on dual 32GB cards as well -- but I think it may be worth it to pay the extra $10 or so for one 32GB card, rather than two 16GB cards. That way you have a free slot, and later down the road when 32GB cards come down in price, you can get another one. That's my plan anyway. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm going to hold off until I actually get the unit in my hand, as I want both of the slots to have "something" in them, and am hoping that they'll include blank spacers to put in until the time comes that I'm able to get dual 32 gig's. If I see that I have spacers along with it, I'll buy a single 32, if no spacer, I'll buy two 16's.

32GB is still really expensive. I've got one coming with the Pandora. Since that money was spent a year ago. I've just splashed out on a second 32GB card, what I have found is that by shopping around you might be able to get a faster class of card for the same money. I've got a class 6 coming from Amazon for £65 with no s/h, there were class 4 cards on there for the same money or more.

If you search the forum you may find advice regarding fake SDHC cards, do be careful how much you pay and who you get the card from. Do not use ebay!

Have you tried looking in this thread http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/47621-the-hunt-for-the-ultimate-sd-price/

Wookiee said:
32GB is still really expensive. I've got one coming with the Pandora. Since that money was spent a year ago. I've just splashed out on a second 32GB card, what I have found is that by shopping around you might be able to get a faster class of card for the same money. I've got a class 6 coming from Amazon for £65 with no s/h, there were class 4 cards on there for the same money or more.

If you search the forum you may find advice regarding fake SDHC cards, do be careful how much you pay and who you get the card from. Do not use ebay!

Have you tried looking in this thread http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/47621-the-hunt-for-the-ultimate-sd-price/
Don't go on class speed alone. I've had class 4s from Sandisk and Kingston that were almost twice as fast as class 6s from other makes. So you were probably better off getting the more expensive lower class ones :)

Quality > Quantity.

Tokiopop said:
Wookiee said:

Have you tried looking in this thread http://www.gp32x.de...imate-sd-price/
Don't go on class speed alone. I've had class 4s from Sandisk and Kingston that were almost twice as fast as class 6s from other makes. So you were probably better off getting the more expensive lower class ones :)

Quality > Quantity.

The card I'm getting is a decent brand, good reviews, so there shouldn't be any real problems. I don't want to be carrying a fistful of SD cards around with me.

wermy said:
but I think it may be worth it to pay the extra $10 or so for one 32GB card, rather than two 16GB cards.

were that the case then I'd agree, but the difference between 2x16Gb and 1*32Gb is far greater than $10 :(

Will somebody hurry up and bring out a 64Gb card so 32GB cards can drop to a reasonable price!!!!

The price of 32GB cards is just too much right now, especially for your top-tier brands. I've gone for a Kingston 16GB Class 4 to last me in the mean time, this was before I found the slightly cheaper PNY one.

Wookiee said:
Tokiopop said:
Wookiee said:

Have you tried looking in this thread http://www.gp32x.de...imate-sd-price/

Quality > Quantity.

The card I'm getting is a decent brand, good reviews, so there shouldn't be any real problems. I don't want to be carrying a fistful of SD cards around with me.

Fair enough :p

I plan on getting a 16GB card and a 500GB or 620GB 2.5" mobile hard drive. I'll offload what I want on the card while still keeping all of my data with me. 32GB is just way too expensive right now.

It is ridiculously expensive for 32gb. Although it was the same price about a year ago, I'd would have thought that prices should have already dropped significantly by now. Probably drop by 50% tomorrow :huh:

I have extreme iii sdhc 8g. The r/w speed is really good.

The question is
hether the speed of the sdhc will affect the loading of pandora?(I think the answer should be YES)

So, maybe high speed sd card is better?

And ...hey guys.......
what will you put in the 32GB ?(due to the high price..)
Tens of psx game? or Thousands of nes game?

musicalwoods said:
I plan on getting a 16GB card and a 500GB or 620GB 2.5" mobile hard drive. I'll offload what I want on the card while still keeping all of my data with me. 32GB is just way too expensive right now.

I plan on doing something similar, but maybe go out anyways for one 32GB (for now), and have the portable external hard drive for home (most likely with TV-out) and/or on-the-go when needed. I think I'll get one of those Western Digital "My Passport" portable hard drives, probably 500GB.

Anyone in the U.S. should wait until Black Friday. Flash mem is almost always discounted, as are external hard drives. And pandora's probably won't be to most people by then.

Nataku said:
musicalwoods said:

I plan on doing something similar, but maybe go out anyways for one 32GB (for now), and have the portable external hard drive for home (most likely with TV-out) and/or on-the-go when needed. I think I'll get one of those Western Digital "My Passport" portable hard drives, probably 500GB.

Yeah, I was planning on WD as well. Just make sure you go for the old styled design (two heavily beveled edges with two less beveled). The newer uniform ones apparently have a new non-standard USB plug and mount as two separate partitions, one being unformatable.

Tokiopop said:

Quality > Quantity.
They would be labelled class 6 if their production process guaranteed those speeds.

But I, like you, love to gamble. :lol:

Oh, and most Class 6 cards are over twice the speed of what is required to be Class 6. Some brands(like Patriot) are pretty close to the line, but most(like A-Data, Sandisk, Lexar, etc.) far surpass it.

Shaun. said:
Do you think SD prices will come down around Christmas time cause in Australia there are usually alot of sales around then.
I don't believe so, regardless of country. Flash prices are generally rising. :p

Back