Second Hand Games Don't Work

SiHiDa

Still Fresh
I have bought a second hand GP32 FLU, including 2 SMC's of 128 MB and 4 commercial games. They aren't boxed, but came from JoyGP (Entware), so they are encrypted.

I re-registered my GP32 FLU on GamePark.com and JoyGP (Entware). Afterwards, I'm not able to start any of those 4 commercial games. Pacrom says 'failed' and it won't run at all with the default GP32 firmware. (Of course, I did File -> Install in PCLink to install any of these games.)

Why can't I start those 4 commerical games? Has my PDUID changed? How can I let these games work again?

Thank you in advance.

so they are encrypted

They are not encrypted for your account so you will not be able to play them now. There is nothing you can do about this other than buy the game yourself for the new account you have set up. You should have asked the guy you bought the gp32 from for his account information.

angrypants posted on May 20 2004 at 06:23 PM said:
so they are encrypted

They are not encrypted for your account so you will not be able to play them now. There is nothing you can do about this other than buy the game yourself for the new account you have set up. You should have asked the guy you bought the gp32 from for his account information.
I have his account information, but I see 'GP Changed' or 'Not available' at the My JoyGP page of his account, so I can't redownload the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
However there are other ways of creating a ROM - and using some tools to use on a smc - I know shouldn't say but there are available on gp32 developer sites. But you do own the originals. - just have a little investigation.

Vimacs posted on May 20 2004 at 06:34 PM said:
try recreating a new account weith his old data
What data?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, wait, wait people!

It shouldn't matter that he's reregistered his GP32. The ID is hard-coded into the GP32, not into the account. So... all that will happen is that there will be two accounts on joygp with the same GP32 ID. This shouldn't stop him using the s/ware that came with it. The only reason it wouldn't work would be that they wern't meant for that GP32 in the first place, and you were conned.

So there we go.

The person who I bought the GP32 from, says it's my own fault, because I re-registered my GP32.

Am I right when I say that each GP32 has an unique, fixed PDUID and that this PDUID doesn't change when I re-register my GP32? And am I right when I say that the games bought from JoyGP are linked to the PDUID and not to the account details of JoyGP/GamePark?

Finally, it works.

The person who I bought my GP32 from has sent me a couple of ZIPs with the right version of the 4 commercial games.

I have just checked some things and the games didn't work because the .gxe was not good.

Anyway, fixed now. :)

Back