SEGA Dreamcast

That would've been me then, and welcome to the Dreamcast owners club :) What you been playing on it?

Well thankyou i'm glad to have finally joined this club. i havent had much time to play it yet but just hit up a bit of crazy taxi and tony hawks 1 then about 10 minutes of sonic adventure 1 all are awesome so far

I got all my DC fun in well before I'd even heard of the Pandora; it's been months since I touched mine.

Skies of Arcadia, is my favorite Dreamcast game.

Wonder full story and interesting setting.

It's not too hard either so you don't have to be a die-hard RPG fan to get into it.

ArcadiaDC.png

Damn, this thread is making me wish I still had mine! Sold mine in a yard sale during a brief period that I completely stopped playing video games. :( They're pretty cheap on Ebay nowadays so I'm gonna have to pick one up.

Ferarri F355 challenge is the best driving sim game ever made. :wub:

There is a really crap bowling and arcade place near where I live, and the only reason I go there is to play the triple screen F355 challenge :) I love how every time you complete a race or trial it asks you to insert a VMU :wub:

Still got a few dreamcasts, as my first had the lens mech die whilst in storage and we picked up a couple of spares cheaply with large game bundles. A pity it was ahead of its time and got beat by the competition. Would be nice if Sega made a return someday.

Finally got around to picking another one up on Ebay. I'm pretty sure it's a hackable model as the seller is including 3 games and one of them is a backup of House of the Dead. Doesn't make much sense though, don't you need the light gun to play that one? Also purchased Armada and Unreal seperately and I'm on the look out for a copy of Half-Life but that one is proving hard to come by.

I haven't been in the Dreamcast scene for years, how about some recommendations guys?

Ikaruga. Also, many home light gun games can be played with the D-Pad, though it's not typically a good idea. And Half-Life was never released, though there is a leaked beta floating around somewhere. It's pretty much complete, save for a major flaw; the save file keeps getting bigger as you progress, and will outgrow your average VMU well before the end. There IS a level-select cheat, but this aforementioned bug essentially prevents the use of quicksave.

Ikaruga. Also, many home light gun games can be played with the D-Pad, though it's not typically a good idea. And Half-Life was never released, though there is a leaked beta floating around somewhere. It's pretty much complete, save for a major flaw; the save file keeps getting bigger as you progress, and will outgrow your average VMU well before the end. There IS a level-select cheat, but this aforementioned bug essentially prevents the use of quicksave.
Oh, it was never released? I came upon it at Half.com but it wasn't available, that explains why Ebay came up with zero results. I have to get Shenmue again but would love to get a copy of the limited edition with the movie included. That and Skies of Arcadia were a couple of my favorites. Rez looks good but that one's going for a pretty penny online, must be rare to justify what it's going for.

Back