SEGA Dreamcast

Power Stone! Got it at a good price, one of the best brawlers I've ever played.

Agreed, it's fun while it lasts. Gets old once you see all the endings, though. I should play Power Stone 2 a bit more often. I like how you can make your own weapons (in a similar manner as in Paper Mario with cooking items), but it's absolute BULLSHIT that you need an entire VMU to store everything.

Damn, Ikaruga is another one going for almost $100. Was it an import only? Anyone tried Spawn, how's that one?

Ah yes, Ikaruga's Japan-exclusive. The Gamecube version got an American release, though. Spawn I hear is pretty decent.

I bet I can find you some sweet deals.

Ok so maybe people know this but I was pretty surprised. I set my Dreamcast menu language to German because i thought well maybe it will help me learn the language better. I put in an old game I own but never really played much called Bang gunship elite (yeah yeah don't give me any grief I didn't make the name up I would have called happy fun time gunship elite) any way i noticed all the menus in the game were in German now and the audio was in german. Maybe not anything to write home about if it had happened on a PS3 or something but man I would have never expected that out of a 12 year old system.

Well that is nothing too crazy but I thought it was worth mentioning. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
One of these days I want to buy a Divers Dreamcast.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/r_8rVJ1Qz8o?feature=oembed

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=divers+dreamcast&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1366&bih=653

3894844188_83f0390061.jpg

Happy 12 anniversary, Dreamcast. I'm gonna play some SC on mine tomorrow followed by some homebrew :)

Ok so maybe people know this but I was pretty surprised. I set my Dreamcast menu language to German because i thought well maybe it will help me learn the language better. I put in an old game I own but never really played much called Bang gunship elite (yeah yeah don't give me any grief I didn't make the name up I would have called happy fun time gunship elite) any way i noticed all the menus in the game were in German now and the audio was in german. Maybe not anything to write home about if it had happened on a PS3 or something but man I would have never expected that out of a 12 year old system.

Well that is nothing too crazy but I thought it was  worth mentioning. :D

Actualy this feature is allready present on the sega saturn.

As Sturmwind was mentioned, there is another new dreamcast game i am very exited about: Gun Lord

Release is next month, preorders should start this month. It looks a lot like Turrican.

Wow, that is really really cool (to me and maybe a few other nerds) about the sega saturn being able to change in game language. Right on man thx for telling me, I have a sega saturn just don't play it much anymore going to give it a shot.

yeah let me get down on this 12th NA anniversary for our old friend. It's thinking!!

I need to get kitted out to rip Dreamcast games. But those broadband adaptors are hard-as-hell to come by. I've got a decent game collection of old favourites ( nothing particularly special, though ) but no way to legitimately rip them for emulation purposes. D'oh!

I recommend

House of the Dead,

Virtua Cop 2,

Shen Mue,

Power Stone for utter Multiplayer Madness,

Soul Calibur is an excellent fighter (the story mode is awesome - ever fought an enemy in quicksand? Or balancing on a narrow girder? You'll get your chance here!)

Resident Evil Code: Veronica

Legcy of Kain: Soul Reaver in case you haven't played it on PSX

Metropolis Street Racer (Kudos!)

Rez (crazy meditative music-shooter that had a vibrating "toy" as extra available - google for usage reports^^)

Seaman (Microphone Controlled Talking Virtual Life Madness)

Shadowman (good game, even better atmosphere)

Toy Commander (Cool Multiplayer also)

The Typing of the Dead - Kill Zombies with your original Dreamcast Keyboard! If you happen to have one, that is :p

Zombie Revenge, Beat em Up with Tamagotchi-like VMU Minigame

Worms Armageddon - the classic

Headhunter - pretty cool 3rd person stealth action, nice motorcycle riding between missions

DC FTW.

Did anyone get hooked into Tokyo Extreme racer? I think the first one would be nearly impossible to play now, extremely limited and the other cars on the track are not really cars but blocks of concrete that move around and get in your way. The second 1 really was a blast though and if you looking for a fun racer check it out. I have the third game for PS2 but I'm not sure what ever happened to that series, it really could benefit from being online with many drivers running around a city.

As Sturmwind was mentioned, there is another new dreamcast game i am very exited about: Gun Lord

Release is next month, preorders should start this month. It looks a lot like Turrican.
Fuck yeah gunlord looks ace.Never heard about this one.Gonna get this and sturmwind.Dreamcast is my favourite console ever.

i would really like to see a Typing of the Dead update (based on House of the Dead IV or whatever) for PC/modern consoles/etc, but i don't think that's going to happen anytime soon

Back