Selector And Race Wrapper

bomberman

I added a small wrapper around the Selector menu that was distributed with the RACE emulator.

#!/bin/sh
rc=0
while [ $rc -ne 139 ]
do
./selector ./race_config
rc=$?
sync
done

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Does anyone know if that would cause a memory leak? I have tried it successfully with 4-5 games in succession. It seems to be OK.

race emulator has 2 main problems no tv out support and no usb control pads support can this be done.

sukhigp: What do you mean no tv out support? I was pretty sure I had that going... :S (At least I thought I'd played it on the wall with my projector, I'll make sure to check!)... and I am still working on it (usb gamepads is a wanted addition...), but college, work and life can suck free time like a leech.

bman: could you take some time to explain to me what this script does? I'll make sure to include it in the next release if I can.

Hooka said:
sukhigp: What do you mean no tv out support? I was pretty sure I had that going... :S (At least I thought I'd played it on the wall with my projector, I'll make sure to check!)... and I am still working on it (usb gamepads is a wanted addition...), but college, work and life can suck free time like a leech.

bman: could you take some time to explain to me what this script does? I'll make sure to include it in the next release if I can.
This is comon shell script. It only checks the return code of the last run program (./selector) and stays in the loop if it does not match 139 (which is the error/exit code when pressing start at the menu to quit). I found that by running it with sterm. This may change if you fix something since it actually now exits with an error (Exit code 139: Segmentatation violation). A clean exit would return 0, but that may conflict with the way you start a program within the selector executable. If you code a specific exit code then this shell can be constant (i.e. exit 32)

Last edited by a moderator:
I connected to the tv i'm getting half screen of the game on the left side is the game and on the right side it is black screen why is this happening so did you check if it's displaying right on tv or projector.

sukhigp said:
I connected to the tv i'm getting half screen of the game on the left side is the game and on the right side it is black screen why is this happening so did you check if it's displaying right on tv or projector.
Try running it from gp2x menu instead of gmenu2x. I'll try it later when I get home. I get the splitscreen effect a lot from gmenu2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried it with gp2x menu and gmenu2x it's same for both doesn't make any difference.
The usb sd and usb nand i try to connect to the pc with them do they work for gp2x f-200.

I'm at college, so I'll check when I get home.

thanks for the info bman, I'll see what I can do :)

Back