Setting Up A Usb Keyboard/ Compatability

SammyCRX

Still Fresh
Hi,

I bought a mini USB keyboard which is compatible with Windows, Linux etc.  I charged it, plugged it in and nothing happened.  I then tried using it on a few emulators (Spectrum ones) but it doesn't seem to do anything.  I've checked the settings and the USB port is turned on.  I'm guessing that it needs to install a driver device or something like that... is this possible, or is this keyboard simply not compatible with the Caanoo?  If not, are there any mini USB keyboards which are?

Thanks,
Sam

Okay, so the cursor and enter keys work for navigating the menu, so the keyboard must be compatible to some extent.  However, I can't get it to work with any emulators (particularly Speccy Unreal or whatever it's called, which was the main reason I bought it).  Any ideas please?

I don't have and never have owned a cannoo (but a long standing owner of 2 GP32's and i ex-GP32 instead), so i am just throwing this suggestion 'out there'. Have you tried using the keyboard with an emulator that allows button functions to be changed and assigned ?, and maybe try assigning certain functions to particular keys on said keyboard to see if it's possible. Maybe try different emulators to see if you get better results, as all emulator will no doubt function differently and offer different options and configurability.

Worth a try i suppose.

Thanks, I had some joy with the Atari emulator yesterday, so it does recognise the keyboard at least.  Strangely I still can't get the Unreal Speccy one to work though, despite having the latest version and I thought the keyboard would work with that.  I'll take another look at the readme file when I get a chance.  Thanks for the advice though :)

Sam

Back