Settings For Pocketdivxencoder

tabrizz

Still Fresh
I am new to using Pocket Divx Encoder and would like to now what settings people are using to encode avi files for the GP2X? I was using Vemode, but had some troubles with the sound not syncing up with video so I am giving Pocket Divx a shot. (I am using the free version and setting video size to 320x180)

Curious what these settings should be plus anything else that may be important for encoding using Pocket Divx.

Video quality:
Audio quality:
Device type:

Thanks in advance.

I haven't mucked about with the settings much, I chose the Archos Av300 series on the default setting and it works fine. As to what is the best quality, that is down to your own individual choice. I personaly only have one film on at a time on a 1GB card so I go for high quality.

You can do your own tests on the different settings and see how it goes

Video 36
audio 7
Device archos AV300 series

It's a start anyway

edit: on the advanced options I usually click on the 2-pass encoding, old habit from using the archos,it takes longer but apparently the quality or file size is improved, never bench tested it to confirm though

I set the device to PDA, which sets the res to 320x240. I then set the video quality to 20 (the max). Audio quality is up to you, I usually put it to max because space isn't an issue. You can safely leave it at 2 or 3 for a smaller fileaize and little difference in appearance.

2-pass encoding will in theory give you a slightly better quality of video, but it's (imho) extremely marginal --- you'll wait twice as long, and the gp2x screen is small enough that you won't notice any difference.

Back