SGX driver installer (beta)

Do you have a file named /etc/opkg/openpandora.org-feed.conf , and anything in it?
Why yes, I do:

src/gz omap3-pandora http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/machine/omap3-pandora
Hope that helps.
Hmm that's totally wrong, I wonder how you got that..Try downloading http://openpandora.org/feeds/unstable/omap3-pandora/angstrom-feed-configs_1.0-r11.5_omap3-pandora.ipk and manually reinstalling it with:

Code:
sudo opkg install --force-maintainer /path/to/angstrom-feed-configs_1.0-r11.5_omap3-pandora.ipk
From then on "upgrade pandora OS" thing should start to work.

I have a question. If I do this update, will it affect any X11 stuff? Cause you said the newer drivers don't work with X stuff, so I was just wondering.

I've worked backwards from the latest driver revision using descent rebirth as a test. Each driver produced a black screen on starting, until I reached driver 4.03.00.02_1.6.16.3977. With this driver, the screen came to life, and I was able to play artifact-free Descent. I also fired up Warzone 2100 (a game with no previous visible driver bugs) to see if it still worked with this new driver, and all seems well. I couldn't select the GLES plugin in PCSX to test that, though it's pretty much obsolete with the amazing built-in GPU plugin.

I'll try to find some more stuff to run, but so far this driver is showing promise.

The parameters in that thread were indeed invalid, the hardware can't support mono streams. After that was fixed jack was crashing, which looks like unrelated issue to me.

About Peter's commits, they are mostly about refactoring the code to use things like device tree and generic kernel APIs, which has little to do with functionality.
Hmz, in that case I have no idea if jack or Pd will ever be able to run on the Pandora :(

Does mupen64plus work on that one for you?
Ah. No, just a black screen. I have to revert to driver 4.00.00.01_default for it to work. However, the later driver works with a bunch of things I want to try, so I'll be sticking with that for now.

I installed the latest Driver on the 1 GHZ and XFCE starts fine.

Tried some PNDs,most work good but PPSSPP brings out a Error Message like

ERROR: EGL Error detected in file /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/base/PCMain.cpp at line 89: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001)
EGL ERROR: Unable to initialize EGL display.

Some other not Working PNDs have this Error Messages

Mupen64 Error

WSEGL_InitialiseDisplay: DRI2OpenConnection failed
(EE) EGL Display Initialize failed: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED

Drastic, Tuxkart , Snowman , PCSX Rearmed , Meritious , KQLives , Nspeed

and nearly all others work fine.

Wow new Driver and only some EGL Errors on some PNDs,the Rest work fine here.

Good work,thx that we can try out the Drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a file named /etc/opkg/openpandora.org-feed.conf , and anything in it?
Why yes, I do:

src/gz omap3-pandora http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/machine/omap3-pandora
Hope that helps.
Hmm that's totally wrong, I wonder how you got that..Try downloading http://openpandora.org/feeds/unstable/omap3-pandora/angstrom-feed-configs_1.0-r11.5_omap3-pandora.ipk and manually reinstalling it with:

sudo opkg install --force-maintainer /path/to/angstrom-feed-configs_1.0-r11.5_omap3-pandora.ipk
I get an error when I do this part that the md5sum is a mismatch in package angstrom-feed-configs. It suggests I perform "opkg update". Should I?

I also get a second error, cannot install package.

D.

By the way did you see any performance difference on the applications that work ? (not sure if you are supposed to see any)

Well, all these games (except for SuperTuxKart, if you meant that), don't use the SGX driver, so there is no reason they shouldn't work (unless you use the OpenGL ES Plugin in PCSX ReARMed)

I installed the latest Driver on the 1 GHZ and XFCE starts fine.

Tried some PNDs,most work good but PPSSPP brings out a Error Message like

ERROR: EGL Error detected in file /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/base/PCMain.cpp at line 89: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED (0x3001)

EGL ERROR: Unable to initialize EGL display.

Some other not Working PNDs have this Error Messages

Mupen64 Error

WSEGL_InitialiseDisplay: DRI2OpenConnection failed

(EE) EGL Display Initialize failed: EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED

For PPSSPP, the init use X11 stuff for now. I'll try to upload a new one the use direct FB access as Notaz said. It should bring more speed :)

For STK, it's allready using FB with Irrlicht is initialised with Fullscreen, so it should works. For STK, I'm interested in knowing if minimap (and kart selection) shows with newer driver ?

Notaz: do you have any idea/experience with the recommended series of SGX for the rebirths? 

Well, all these games (except for SuperTuxKart, if you meant that), don't use the SGX driver, so there is no reason they shouldn't work (unless you use the OpenGL ES Plugin in PCSX ReARMed)
The kernel has changed significantly too, so it's good he tested all those.
Running the OS updater returned a few errors after this - some conf files were saved as .conf-opkg instead.
These are normal, no problem there. I don't know why opkg calls them errors.
Notaz: do you have any idea/experience with the recommended series of SGX for the rebirths?
I don't have a rebirth unit so don't know, you can try 4.03.00.02 perhaps.

I just give a quick try on the 1GHz version with the 4.03.00.02 driver. I had the same problem as ZXDunny about angstrom-feed-configs, but installing this package that Notaz posted (angstrom-feed-configs_1.0-r100.5_omap3-pandora.ipk) worked OK.

I tried to launch the GLES games I have on the SD. So far:

Briquolo: 

DRI2OpenConnection failed.

EGL failed.

Hurrican:

(Intro music keeps working, need to kill the pnd).

Super Geometry Dust:

Unable to initialize EGL.

Skunks:

FBA:

Seemed to run better. Much faster (but it is subjective as I have not looked at framerates or anything).

Edit: Wrong driver tested. This games work fine with the 4.03.00.02 driver.

4.03.00.02 on rebirth, the only real issue is Mupen64 not offering much but a blank screen and some music...

No unusual side effects on anything else... so far. that said, I might not have really tested much that actually touches these SGX drivers.

What should we test?

Super Geometry Dust:

Skunks:

I just tried these two on my 1GHz unit on the 4.03.00.02 driver.

Super Geometry Dust works fine for me.

Skunks comes up with a black screen and mouse cursor, though you can hear the game running in the background.

I just give a quick try on the 1GHz version with the 4.03.00.02 driver. I had the same problem as ZXDunny about angstrom-feed-configs, but installing this package that Notaz posted (angstrom-feed-configs_1.0-r100.5_omap3-pandora.ipk) worked OK.

Briquolo: 

EGL failed.
Hmm, are you sure you selected 4.03.00.02 there? It should only need DRI2 stuff starting from 4.04.00.01 ..
What should we test?
Well, just the usual stuff you usually do, I'm more concerned about if the kernel update hasn't broken anything.

I don't think the kernel update has had any adverse effects for me thus far.

Back