Shipping and order numbers

I was quoted at 550 - 650 in Craig's line and my shipping email came a few days late. I got my confirmation email when I used PayPal before I had to redo the payment at around 12:45 PM EST or is it EDT? This means at around 16:45 or 17:45 GMT (The 30th) is when I got it. My Pandora was shipped on January 12th and got to Canada on the 14th. Currently, it is stuck in the postal facility awaiting customs. I hope it goes through there fast soon. I have heard horror stories about Canada Post and customs getting stuck for days or weeks... I am hoping to get it before this Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was quoted at 550 - 650 in Craig's line and my shipping email came a few days late. I got my confirmation email when I used PayPal before I had to redo the payment at around 12:45 PM EST or is it EDT? This means at around 16:45 or 17:45 GMT (The 30th) is when I got it. My Pandora was shipped on January 12th and got to Canada on the 14th. Currently, it is stuck in the postal facility awaiting customs. I hope it goes through there fast soon. I have heard horror stories about Canada Post and customs getting stuck for days or weeks... I am hoping to get it before this Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
There is a customs officer somewhere very busy installing emulator PNDs on his new console... ;)

There is a customs officer somewhere very busy installing emulator PNDs on his new console... ;)
Actually more likely the customs officer is probably trying to figure out what exactly it is, whether there's a similar device that could have been purchased in Canada, and how much (if any) duty to charge. There shouldn't be any duty, or it might be considered a "laptop" and you have to pay tax on $1200. Stupid customs :(

I don't think anyone has been charged duty yet, so you should be safe, but if there is let us know!

Thanks!

and how much (if any) duty to charge. There shouldn't be any duty, or it might be considered a "laptop" and you have to pay tax on $1200. Stupid customs

I don't think anyone has been charged duty yet, so you should be safe, but if there is let us know!
Canada custom suck ballz : I already paid 2 times the custom for my pandora....

Canada custom suck ballz : I already paid 2 times the custom for my pandora....
D'oh. You would be the first I'd heard. Sucks :(

Like I say, there shouldn't be any duty, but ignorance and a lack of proper ... thing... where you argue against it... forgotten word... mean it could be anything.

Anecdotally, my parents bought a large thing from the US for $6000. Bringing it across the border, they declared, were prepared to pay tax on their $6000 purchase, duty officer says "no, that's worth $20'000. $3000 please. Also, because you knowingly misrepresented the value of your goods, your names are going on a list for deep searches at every crossing." The fact that this was used and the product new is $20'000, and that they had a receipt and everything didn't do any good.

Sucks indeed.

D'oh. You would be the first I'd heard. Sucks :(

Like I say, there shouldn't be any duty, but ignorance and a lack of proper ... thing... where you argue against it... forgotten word... mean it could be anything.

Anecdotally, my parents bought a large thing from the US for $6000. Bringing it across the border, they declared, were prepared to pay tax on their $6000 purchase, duty officer says "no, that's worth $20'000. $3000 please. Also, because you knowingly misrepresented the value of your goods, your names are going on a list for deep searches at every crossing." The fact that this was used and the product new is $20'000, and that they had a receipt and everything didn't do any good.

Sucks indeed.

I seriously hope any US citizens didn't get stuck with something like that when they were getting their Pandoras. I can't afford a customs fee...

...Have any US citizens had to deal with that..?

I'm in the same boat as you, I ordered at the same time, and was quoted at 2400-2500 in July, and I moved up to 2300-2400 as of this month. My order was completed on October 3rd, of '09. You should let me know when you get your shipping email, since we're close together in the queue. Not that it will matter, but it would make the wait a little bit more exciting for me.

I'm right behind both of you! Oct 13th, '09 will you guys keep me in the loop too? =D

Oh might as well, my order was Oct. 15th 2009. By all means post when yours ships. Kcilorak, Snostrebla, Deadinside that goes for any of you.

Does anybody not know their order number and want to keep it that way? I like being optimistic on where I'm in the order list.

Me! I've no idea what range my order number is expected to be in and I like to keep it that way.

Does anybody not know their order number and want to keep it that way? I like being optimistic on where I'm in the order list.

I don't know mine, I know I'm somewhere in batch 1.. I ordered a little over a year ago so I know I'm not exactly in front of the line.. Sanity wise I think that's a good thing not knowing.

Yep. I want to be surprised, that´s why I got my mum to handle the shipping notification and not tell me about it.

I can't understand why people keep talking about order numbers, when the only thing that has any actual value is the order date! (and delivery date!)

Yep, been talking about that in other threads. Although people seem to still think that the list is valid.

Also I don't know my place in the queue, although it is getting more difficult to try and keep it that way :p

I was actually one of the first people to say I didn't want to know my position in line, Jaquelyn told me anyway when I emailed her to confirm my address and change delivery options. So even while trying not to find out I still did. The odd thing is it turned out to be fairly accurate despite the fact that there were plenty of people who claimed to be in the 600s that hadn't gotten theirs by the time I got my shipping confirmation.

Same here. All I know is I'm somewhere in the beginning of batch 2.

But then again, I already own a Pandora from batch 1, so I'm not as desperate :p

Back