Shipping Method?

Tor

I noticed someone had 'FedEx boxes' or something similar in their .sig.

Does that mean it's already decided that the Pandora will be shipped by FedEx?
That would be majorly inconvenient for me. I will have to pay 25% VAT (fair enough), the problem is that FedEx, TNT and most of those other high-profile courier companies insist on doing the customs handling for me, and to do that they charge _more_ than the VAT itself (plus the VAT of course) for a device in this price class. So it'll be a quite expensive experience.

I would very much prefer US Postal, if shipped from the US, or Royal Mail, if shipped from the UK. The postal system runs a much more decent customs handling system than FedEx & co.

Just my 0.02C+VAT.

Tor said:
ISTR being able to choose between UPS and Royal Mail (Airsure) when ordering. Can you remember that far back? ;-)

Tor said:
Just my 0.02C+VAT.
C? I though the customary amount was 20 millidollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
>ISTR being able to choose between UPS and Royal Mail (Airsure) when ordering. Can you remember that far back? ;-)

No, I can't :) -- but if there indeed was a selection like that there's no doubt I selected Royal Mail.. the reason I started this thread was because of those postings along the lines of 'as long as FedEx boxes are free we won't design our own' or something like that.

SteveM said:
Tor said:
ISTR being able to choose between UPS and Royal Mail (Airsure) when ordering. Can you remember that far back? ;-)

I don't recall seeing any options. But perhaps that's because I'm based in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugger, now my sig is causing trouble? :lol:

Edit: I just chose this aside from Chip because it displays an admirably practical streak in devs' approach.

In Germany, these companies also charge additional fees for handling customs. A few years ago, it was €10 or something, which is way too much. Legally, you do not have to pay these fees. The companies know that and do not bother you any furhter, if you just pay the customs duty. But most people do not know that and pay the full amount unnecessarliy. The legal situation may be similar in your country.

Back