Shortest newspost ever... for now!

Each plastic part has one mold (some smaller ones share one mold though, like the battery cover and the lid).

So we have:

• Bottom Part
  • Keyboard Part
  • Lid Backside
  • Lid + Battery Cover
  • Stylus + Nubs + Shoulder Buttons + Stylus Holder
  • Sealing pads for the speakers
So that's six molds for the Pyra case. With two machines, it takes 3 times longer than with 6 machines :)
So you can make coloured Pyras with black/grey nubs+shoulders like at the top of the page? (And the nubs will normally be the same colour as the shoulders except if they are swapped between two sets?)

Two nubs to rule them all,
two iterations to redesign them.
Two months to ship them all,
and in the mailbag find them.

Bad hobbit! Shame on you! You want to keep my preciousss...

I simply love seeing how stuff everyone knows the basic ideas behind has tons of complexity underneath - always fascinates me

"How it's Made" is an awesome way to lose hours of your life at a time without you even noticing it.

I think I have heard of that, now that you show it. Just like the lack of a 13th floor in some places, which I was obviously comparing it to.

Anyone else notice the odd face under the 6 button?

Looking forward to ED's short final update, when he has a bit of time available (no rush). Personally, I am more interested in reading "500 clear Pyra cases have been made on time, and shipped, with tracking number".
Clear coloured shells anyone?
My dream pyra tbh
pyra-red-png.29172

Feh, who needs fancy backlit LCD screens when your case provides all the glow you need?

As I mentioned in that thread, and everywhere else, Extreme Green. Not sure how it compares to toxic green. I can try painting my clear case, and maybe add some pink or something.

so any new updates yet? was wondering cause this is the quietest this site has been in awhile
Still catching up with all the shop stuff that stacked up while I have been in Greece.
Not really a lot of updates here, as most happened at the first two days and I've already oosted those.

But I've got some updates regarding the PCBs as well, so as soon as I find the time...

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

Still catching up with all the shop stuff that stacked up while I have been in Greece.
Not really a lot of updates here, as most happened at the first two days and I've already oosted those.

But I've got some updates regarding the PCBs as well, so as soon as I find the time...

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk
thanks for the update, if was just eerily quiet here

I guess if there were any relevant news we would have heard an advance from twitter ore something. I bet the next post will be the average "last tweaks on the case, last tweaks on the boards, 4GB problem almost sorted out ..."

I don't say this as a complain, I can understand why the project is were it is. I'm just trying to say to people expecting news every few weeks that we must understand that there won't be any tangible advance (from final user's perspective) within months.

i was wondering cause it was way to quiet in here. im good with what i got for a answer

Back