Should I get a GP32 in 2023, and what programs do you recommend for me to try on it?

Xboxfreak2004

Hey guys so anyways I am just thinking about buying a GP32 system on eBay but here’s the thing what are the recommended programs that I should download? And how do I convert videos for the thing?

The answer is no.
If you are a collector or a tech masochist willing to spend a major chunk of time into exploring it, then yes, go for it.
But for any sane person who just wants to spend time gaming, there are a bunch of consoles out there to explore.
But if you still want, check out the repo https://openhandhelds.org/ to see what this thing can actually play.

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
Ya know what, I’m a collector of obscure items like the GP32 and I would like to own it in my collection, but here’s the thing how do I use gpcinema (I hope someone knows what I’m talking about) in 2023? Like say convert videos to Xvid/Divx? Because I’m used to the gba scene and knowing on encoding vids to the gba, but how do i encode the videos to the gp32 via virtualdub?

Well using old Homebrewhandheld might get that popolular as using Old Gameboy, so i would assume this makes sense, .. and if this thing still works, why not?
Good thing on Gp32 is that it dosnt have a Build In Batteriepack, so you only need a few AA and you are ready.. , but it might be a bit dificult to source its special Cards as they where some photo memory cards back then.., its not SD..
EvilDragon got a big Gp32 Repo, which should still be online..

Well using old Homebrewhandheld might get that popolular as using Old Gameboy, so i would assume this makes sense, .. and if this thing still works, why not?
Good thing on Gp32 is that it dosnt have a Build In Batteriepack, so you only need a few AA and you are ready.. , but it might be a bit dificult to source its special Cards as they where some photo memory cards back then.., its not SD..
EvilDragon got a big Gp32 Repo, which should still be online..
ah cool, can you give me a link to that GP32 Repo?

I'd say go or it. I bought one (GP32) a few months ago. The official/physical games are neigh impossible to find for good prices, but luckily it is easy to dump the game files. Highest SmartMedia Card it supports is 128MB, which doesn't fit the entire library, but enough to rotate out the ones you don't like.

I say go for it too. Set it up that way you like and keep it that way. There will probably never be upgrades so it will never be obsolete. Be retro. Be stable. Spend more time gaming.
Post automatically merged:

And throw your Xbox out the window.

I'm fine with just buying a blank 128MB SMC and loading other games on it. I hear updating the firmware to other launchers has a more probable chance of corrupting the flash memory chip. Is that true?

I say go for it too. Set it up that way you like and keep it that way. There will probably never be upgrades so it will never be obsolete. Be retro. Be stable. Spend more time gaming.
Post automatically merged:

And throw your Xbox out the window.
Thanks for the response dude, maybe I will try to buy it in late September/early October also how do I program on it?

Back