Show us your pets

Hey, we're also getting an African Pygmy Hedgehog once we moved to our new home (December / January).

Nice :D

A Hedgehog as a pet? But there is not much cuddle and petting possible I guess. :D I prefer Cats. =^.^=

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty of cuddles, they have a lovely soft warm belly.

This does not look comfy.

P1010460.jpg

Any bird lovers here?

i would kill to have a pet green wing macow at some point. But my current landlord wont let me have one :( but yet he lets me keep 30ish reptiles, amphibaians and fish. Random.

also my albino betta never showed up and i doubt ever will. Not impressed gonna have to make a paypal refund claim again.

one day...i will get myself a siberian husky and a nice collection of tarantulas

awsome a nice a siberian husky would be awsome my mate tariq has one and its an absolute arse hole, lovely dog but it doesnt listen to commands for shit.

If you ever start up a arachnid collection you deffo have to get a gooty sapphire they are bright purple with a thick white stripe on there body and white markings on the knuckles on their legs and look mean as hell.

I have always been put off from arachnids because of there short life span. even though i keep praying mantids and they only have a 8 month life expectancy which kinda contradicts that statement

If you ever start up a arachnid collection you deffo have to get a gooty sapphire they are bright purple with a thick white stripe on there body and white markings on the knuckles on their legs and look mean as hell.
Whoah. I just looked these up, and they barely even look real. :blink:

Don, hes a proper old feller i would love to see a pic of your paludarium or whatever you keep him in. i will get my camera out tomorrow morning and post a picture of my newts(fire belly) paludarium and up load it to see what you thinks. its only a cheep tank made up from cuttings and off shoots but looks alright considering it cost absolutely nothing to set up.

well i have just spent the last half hour trying to catch this pain in the backside male giant day gecko IMG_20111116_005412.jpg I have had to quit for tonight cause he was gettin quite stressed out. so will leave his vivs lid open and see if he goes back in, or will have to try again when i wake up tomorrow.

this is the 2nd night in a row that i have entered my bedroom and ive found him chilling on a wall. and i am really stumped how hes getting out he has been in his viv for close to three years and never escaped once now he has escaped two days on the trot.

i wouldnt usually care i let all my giant day geckos have free access to my bedroom during the day if i am in or only out for a short time. But this guy is one of my unsociable geckos which is not aloud out of his viv basically because he wont go back unvolanterily and really really dislikes being handled.

nope i had a go before i went to work earlier but had no luck, there are lots of hiding places that i cant get to which he can get into if he wants. he has a choice of 5 tanks which all sit about an inch away from the walls (there not flush to the walls because of the cables and water piping) to hide behind i also cant access the right hand corner if my cupboard where he is sitting in the pic very easily. theres a 6.5ft x 3ft x3ft vivarium bellow this shelf so the only way to get to it is to stand on a chair hold on to my bedroom door frame and lean and stretch across, and have to pull myself back using the door frame when i am done. this makes it really difficult to catch something thats naturally defence is speed and agility.

I am just going to let it be for now and will try catching it next time its on the celing or on a large open patch of my wall, i have this weekend off so will probably try bribing him in to the open abit more with some treats

he must be your pikachu...little bastard just refuses to go into his ball

ha awsome shout the next phelsuma i get that can escape is getting called that, i already got a gold dusk called houdini because she used to escapes all the time.

I caught her once and put her back in the tank and tried to work out how she was geting out.

The tank she was in origionally was designed for bearded dragons and had a 1cm air vent/gap in the top of the lid. so i lined the underside of the lid with mosquito mesh and attached it with velcro so i could attach it and detatch it as neccisary, I also covered the top of the lid in the same fassion.

So anyway i put the gecko back in the tank and i watched it run straight up the side of the tank and out a gap in the underside of the mesh and out the top section of mesh aswell in seconds and straight up the bedroom wall and sat on the celling, both holes was where the velcro had come undone. So i press the velcro sections back together and double check there is no way there were any more hole.

Right so now i eventually recapture the gold dusk and placed her back in the tank, she goes straight the the same spot as before, but this time stops and looks all confused like at where the gap once was. so after 30 seconds circling and looking at the mesh she jumps onto the mesh hanging upside down and starts rocking back and fourth, eventually 10 mins pass by and a cm or so of velcro comes undone. she then flipped over so she was standing on the upper lid out the tank but still trapped under the meshing. And this time started doing a push up motion against the upper section of mesh and after a few minutes of pushing she broke trough that bit of the velcro and had escaped again.

I genuinelly could not believe what i had just witnessed, this was when i had just got into phelsumas, i could not have had them for very long and this is deffinatelly one of the contributing factors to my facination with them.

My sister got a baby bearded dragon a few days ago for her 18th birthday, I have to say it is quite the zippy little bastard :lol:

Back