DavidBeoulve

GP2X by EvilDragon OC's to 280-300MHz
Website
www.gamersgonebad.com
I notice that, among descriptions with "RPG" in it, Avalon is listed here:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Games

and the site:
http://soaos.sourceforge.net/news/NewsPage.shtml

Seems to be an old game ready for porting, but Google turns up no mention of GP2X on that site.

Anyone know what gives there?

What RPGs have y'all been playing?

Thanks to Grahf for fixing my GP2X, by the by, it's currently shipping. That is why I'm finally back.

I don't think it's actually been ported, I don't know why it would be listed in the wiki. Maybe someone wanted to see a port done? It should theoretically be possible since it apparently compiles with FreePascal and there's a working Pascal compiler for GP2X. All it would take is some intrepid Pascal dev to do the dirty work.

I own a copy of this game and I can say that it's quite a solid RPG. Great plotline, and well designed RPG system. It's design is an isometric top down and it plays similar to Nox. However, I'm highly skeptical that this game would be portable as it would require quite a demanding computer, around a Pentium 2. But if any daring, brave individual would like to step up to the plate and take the challenge, then that awesome individual would win my 'Most awesome individual award' :blink: ...... :D, if he/she prevails with a playable GP2X version of Siege of Avalon.

On the website it says minimum required cpu power is like 450mhz. I doubt this is possible on the gp2x. Also, even if it is open source now, it uses directX which makes it close to impossible combined with the system requirements.

xnopasaranx said:
On the website it says minimum required cpu power is like 450mhz. I doubt this is possible on the gp2x. Also, even if it is open source now, it uses directX which makes it close to impossible combined with the system requirements.
I should have researched that before I asked... I'm prone to believing Wikis, which is an inherently foolish thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back