Simple Monkeyball-style Sdl Tutorial Game

critical

Certified Guru
Website
www.handheldhacker.com
There's a great SDL tutorial at this website:

http://sol.gfxile.net/gp/index.html

The website author created a sample game to take you through the steps of making an SDL game, which I downloaded and played on Windows. It was actually pretty good fun, I thought, so I knocked up a makefile, changed the screen size, and made it work with the GP2X's controls. You can make your own levels and so on - they're just textfiles.

The file should make it into the archive here soon, but until then you can grab it at:

http://www.vividvillage.com/sdlmonkey_0.1.zip

sdlmonkey.jpg

Apologies if someone's already done this work - I didn't see it anywhere, but if it was, just ignore this! The source is inside the zip, called 'src.zip'.

Thanks Critical, that'll help out once I've got my head back in to general C++, was wondering what SDL info there was (aside from the answers I got from the good people on here)

(FX: Cracks Whip... Now get back to UAE4All ;-) )

BenScar posted on Mar 7 2006 at 08:48 AM said:
Thanks Critical, that'll help out once I've got my head back in to general C++, was wondering what SDL info there was (aside from the answers I got from the good people on here)
The spiral level's an absolute swine.

(FX: Cracks Whip... Now get back to UAE4All ;-) )
Ah, now there's a very good reason for that... patience, my friend :)

Last edited by a moderator:
critical posted on Mar 7 2006 at 10:28 AM said:
Not played it yet, off to have a toy with my sanity now. Spiral level, OK I'll keep a look out for that one...

critical posted on Mar 7 2006 at 10:28 AM said:
Ah, now there's a very good reason for that... patience, my friend :)
<FX: Puts Whip away and sits back in a Zen like state> Patience is a good friend of mine... I will await your enlightenment :)

critical posted on Mar 7 2006 at 03:28 AM said:
Thats where I keep getting stuck. Man, I think an analog stick might be a little better for a game like this...
Great game though. I'm a big Marble Madness fan.

Back