Slow WiFi & Nub Problem

First week of work doesn't help, but still can't get wifi working. Internal Wifi wont really get past 50kb/s, using the AE1000 I can't even connect to a network, I can only get the above message to show up if I ping it as it tries to connect

(using ) run "sudo iwconfig ra0 essid accesspoint" (replace accesspoint with your network)

4) run "sudo dhclient ra0" (this will get an IP from your network)

)

, then it will say it is connected, but will not actually be...very strange...help please. I don't want these wifi problems to ruin my pandora :(

also is there any way to tighten up the hinge, it is very squeaky...

issues galore apparently, is there a way to fix my SD card from not showing up properly, i can find it in file explorer under media and then some very strange symbols...I just reformatted the card again to fat32....and I can still access the data on it just fine...

Last edited by a moderator:
For the SD card showing up as weird symbols, you should be able to fix it with Gparted by unmounting it and then running a check. I've had that a few times and it works well to resolve that. You can also use dosfs tools if you opkg install it first.

Cant help with the wifi as I had similar issues that resolved with AES/TKIP switching alone, though I still use a mi-fi aswell, as my home network still drops connection during downloads and I never sussed it out, so I use it wired if not going anywhere.

You may have also tried already, but I almost always get 1Mb connection at first when I turn on WiFi

sudo iwconfig wlan0 rate 54M

This sets the WiFi back up to the max rate. I sometimes wonder if it might be placebo, but I have definitely had downloads as fast as my desktop with the Pandora.

You may have also tried already, but I almost always get 1Mb connection at first when I turn on WiFi

sudo iwconfig wlan0 rate 54M

This sets the WiFi back up to the max rate. I sometimes wonder if it might be placebo, but I have definitely had downloads as fast as my desktop with the Pandora.
did that and im still getting slow speeds or lag in my minitube as it will stop playing then resume again. i hope this issue is fixed soon

Back