Slowed down again?

OpenPandora Ltd. doesn't actually offer any magazine subscriptions, extended warranties, or upgrades to a large or supersized order of fries or drinks. Subject to change without notice.
OK, they don't offer fries, but what about chips? [/english joke]

100 a week is a lot less then the 300 or so that were prognosed earlier and with hope of 500. Please don't pin me down on the exact amounts but it was something like that.

So we're looking at finishing the first batch in August then best case scenario with an unknown amounts of premiums pushing it out farther.

Lesson I suppose here is that cc is not a serious partner if you want to become succesfull and selll loads but deliver good work if you have a well willing hobby project and aren't in a rush.

A woman I know is responsible for getting niche expensive clothing to a limited amount of worldwide shops, making sure that the chance of you meeting someone else wearing that ridiculously overpriced ugly high couture shirt is as slim as possible. She told me that the first thing she does when she gets in contact with a new designer is ask them for proof of production capability. If they can't proof to her convinvingly they can produce x amounts of their line before a certain time there is no further meeting as it's just a waste of her time.

But everyone has to pay learning money, I know I have, so I'll make sure I stear well clear from those care pills a bit longer and hope you can learn from all your setbacks and use it to make Pandora 2 a much smoother ride.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

I recently inquired about my 2year + order and I was told my queue number is 1900-2000 and I was offered to upgrade for $170 for deliver in 1 week.

Considering how many are shipping and have shipped. I should receive my email soon .. hope so unless people are picked out of a hat for delivery :)

I got my order confirmation on Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:10 PM and my queue position was 1050-1150 back in December 2009. Still no sign of Pandora.

Kaitsu

We have often been shipping over 150 units a week. It varies. CC are doing a much much better job now.

For a while they went faster but the quality fell, then they slowed a bit and the quality raised.

However the fact is the Pandora is an incredibly complex device, this isn't like the Wiz/Dingoo and usually a small

company could never hope to have access to this sort of tech in such a small space.

No other company is going to be even remotely interested in making <4000 boards of this complexity.

We're looking at shipping 200 units this week, once we reach 2000 in the queue within the 2000-3000 range there were

hundreds of unpaid or cancelled orders, and many more upgraded - we are closer to the end than you might imagine.

And once again I must say thank you to all of you upgrading, you, without doubt, saved this project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply Craig. I'm positive that units out there will generate more interest from others.

If I only look at how many people are bugging me weekly if I have it already after I forced them to listen to me about getting one I'd be surprised if not at least a couple of them get one themselves.

I supppse that if you can continue like this for another year pushing out 150 a week every week after the pre orders are done would mean liquidity for you guys and a bigger more active community for us.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

@ KANIU

Hang on in there, you should hear soon.

I preordered 1st Oct @11:31 UK time and got my shipping e-mail this morning with delivery expected tomorrow.

So you can't be far behind

Good luck

Grezm

@ KANIU

Hang on in there, you should hear soon.

I preordered 1st Oct @11:31 UK time and got my shipping e-mail this morning with delivery expected tomorrow.

So you can't be far behind

Good luck

Grezm

What year?

So your que number was between 1050 - 1150, and you get your unit now? This is strange, since I thought there have been shipped close to 2000 units

This que system is very confusing, and it seems to be impossible to get an aproximate delivery date. This is frustrating after have been waiting for more than two years.

I ordered march 2009 and got an estimated que number of 1850 - 1950. In november last year I emailed Jacquelyn for a status update on my order, and got reply that my pandora should be delivered sometimes around december. Now another half year have passed, no sign of my pandora, and no new aproximately delivery date.

Instead I have the option to pay £91.20 to "upgrade" to actually get my pandora delivered in a short timeframe. Somehow it feels like my padora is hold in ransom.

Sorry for sounding negative, I just need to put out some steam about this frustration :)

So your queue number was between 1050 - 1150, and you get your unit now? This is strange, since I thought there have been shipped close to 2000 units
The number of units quoted as being produced has to include RMAs, units to ED's shop, etc. as well.

Also, while I can see why you would feel coerced into paying the extra for a premium, I think she was just making sure you knew about the option.

So your queue number was between 1050 - 1150, and you get your unit now? This is strange, since I thought there have been shipped close to 2000 units
The number of units quoted as being produced has to include RMAs, units to ED's shop, etc. as well.

Also, while I can see why you would feel coerced into paying the extra for a premium, I think she was just making sure you knew about the option.

I dont blame her for any of this, she is probably just as frustrated - having to deal with customers loosing their patience all the time.

The only thing I wish for right now is to get a real delivery date to relate to.

Will my unit come in a week or six months?

That makes a huge difference when deciding to pay extra or not to get it sooner.

Back