First 30mins: ^_^

An hour later: B)

After a couple of hours: :rolleyes:

Near dinnertime: <_<

By 2pm: :(

4pm. :angry:

By the time evening came: :blink:

Now. :wacko:

Stick in there mate, it may seem tough and pointless at the moment, but you'll laugh about it in a weeks time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, very true. Smoking made me feel crap, and look common as hell! I'l let you know where I'm at in a week's time. I don't want to look weak will-powered so I'll have to stick with quitting now!

LHC - why not take up Nicorette gum instead? It's better for you and if you get bored of it, you could always try their lovely patches?

If smoking makes you feel "crap" then smoke another brand. Seriously, if it makes you feel crap you just have the wrong brand :ph34r:

MY guide to quitting smoking

1: put out the fagerette in your hand
2: dont ever touch another fagarette. ever.

That's the guide that I'm currently following, PoG1! Nicorette gum just prolongs it all.

Anyway, there's nothing more boring than a smoker going on about giving up.. so, I'll shut up now and see where I am in a week.

Nah, the thought of impending lung cancer was what made me feel crap, not the brand!

Can be but sigs won't kill you in 10 years you know. I don't know your age and how much you smoke, but you shouldn't be that scared that you might get lung cancer.

But hey it's your choice, If you quit smoking I'll wish you luck :)

Can be but sigs won't kill you in 10 years you know

Yeah, but there's a good chance you'll get it one day if you keep smoking, therefore you always have to give up at some point to lessen your chances. I may as well do it now rather than in later years when all the extra fags have messed me up.

NoidZ posted on Aug 1 2006 at 04:45 PM said:
Nah, the thought of impending lung cancer was what made me feel crap, not the brand!

Can be but sigs won't kill you in 10 years you know. I don't know your age and how much you smoke, but you shouldn't be that scared that you might get lung cancer.

Shut up you dodgy bint.

ste_167 said:
Yeah, but there's a good chance you'll get it one day if you keep smoking, therefore you always have to give up at some point to lessen your chances. I may as well do it now rather than in later years when all the extra fags have messed me up.
Plus they stink and make your teeth look worse than a bolemic's

NoidZ posted on Aug 1 2006 at 11:45 AM said:

What an ignorant comment. God, if people smoked with your theory in mind, there would be a hell of a lot more deaths than there are now. I know of people who smoked a pack a day for 4 years, got emphysema, and died. The amount of garbage in one cig is astronomical; you cant possible say that it wont kill you in ten years.

In fact (and I know this sounds ridiculous), I was watching Primetime the other day, and there was a whole segment on experiements and testing going on right now. Apparently, even smoking ONE cig can cause complications later in life. I'll do my best to find an article, but believe me, im not making this up. I literally had my jaw open the entire broadcast.

edit: cant find it, but it aired.....

look at this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4265600.stm

so now lets all live by your theory and know that smoking 4 packs a day for 9 years and 364 days and then quitting will positively never kill you. LMAO

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 1 2006 at 05:22 PM said:
NoidZ posted on Aug 1 2006 at 11:45 AM said:

What an ignorant comment. God, if people smoked with your theory in mind, there would be a hell of a lot more deaths than there are now. I know of people who smoked a pack a day for 4 years, got emphysema, and died. The amount of garbage in one cig is astronomical; you cant possible say that it wont kill you in ten years.

In fact (and I know this sounds ridiculous), I was watching Primetime the other day, and there was a whole segment on experiements and testing going on right now. Apparently, even smoking ONE cig can cause complications later in life. I'll do my best to find an article, but believe me, im not making this up. I literally had my jaw open the entire broadcast.

Stuffed with lit cigerettes probably...hehehe....:)

DSR

Here's my story.

My Dad. Wonderful person.

Smoked 40 ciggies a day since he was 13.

At 62 it took out his aorta. He had to have it replaced with a plastic one.

He kept smoking - tried to stop, but failed.

His circulation in hes legs gave up, and the doc told him that if he didnt quit, he'd likely be having an amputation in a short time.

He tried.

He failed again.

He had a heart attack at 67, and suffered from heart falieure for the rest of his life. He had constant fluid on his lungs and couldnt lie down, which bascall he had to sleep sitting up, usually in a chair.

At 69, the lining of his small intstine gave up, and he started hemorraging blood internally. This was due to complications from smoking.

He died that night of Shock - basically, his organs gave up becasue there wasn't enough blood left to support them, and he was too weak to operate on.

Basically - the docs told us that ALL of this was caused by his smoking.

Bear in mind that NONE of these problems were lung cancer. What I'm trying to say is just because not everyone who smokes will get lung cancer, it doesnt mean you wont get years of suffering in other ways.

Listen to me. You dont want it to happen. You REALLY dont. not to you, and not to impose it on those around you. My dad had more of an excuse. Back when he started (1946), they didnt know any better. People even thought it was good for you. These days, there's NO EXCUSE. Really... believe me. You DON'T want it to happen to you.

Hope this helps those sitting on the fence to make their decision.

Cheers.

That's very sad. And you know, some people never learn.

I knew a person years ago who smoked for 25 years, had her voicebox or piece of throat taken out (not sure exactly). She had a hole in her neck, and spoke with one of those automated things that you press onto your neck.

She still smoked.

Back