Smoking

But it varies by person! I know people who say "Ow I really can't stop smoking, otherwise I'll turn crazy" (Those people smoke 3 years just as I) I know if I HAVE to stop smoking I can stop smoking right away. I don't bother when I don't have siggies for a couple of days. But other people THINK that they cannot stop. But I think everyone who really want, really can stop.

Back in the old days people really didn't know sigs where bad and back in those days, there also where no sigs with filter so smoking then the chance of getting lung cancer (and other deceases) was much higher. Axeman said his dad smoked over 50 years 2 packages per day.

My grandpa story:

Smoked also 2 packages per day.
He drunk beer almost every day.

Smoked since he was 15

Died at the age of 65, cause flatulence-cancer. Also no lung cancer.

But 2 packages a day is just way too much.

@Axeman, sorry about your dad.

craigix posted on Aug 1 2006 at 02:59 PM said:
I've never smoked so I'm no expert, but i'd suggest everytime you want a smoke have a shot of Vodka instead.
I live by a similar rule. Instead of a shot of vodka though, I take a shot of heroin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up years ago and have never regretted it. It was hard but what I done to keep up morale was put money in a jar each day that would have been spent on ciggys. The cash soon mounted up. I bought my Amiga 1200 with the proceeds and they were still the in thing back then so it was a few hundred quid.

Calculate what you are saving and post it here, You'll be gobsmacked at how soon you could afford that new HiFi, TV, GP2x etc.

My grandpa was actually one of the people who did die from lung cancer because of smoking. He died before I turned two.

I never intend to smoke even a single cig. Or anything, for that matter. Besides, I can't stand the smell of tobacco. I don't know why, I just can't.

EDIT: What? The boards replace the word 'cigar-ette' with 'moron'?

EDIT 2: I wonder if I could cheat the board? No, test failed.

EDIT 3: Second test‍. Also failed. The boards are smart.

jmetal88 posted on Aug 1 2006 at 05:03 PM said:
EDIT: What? The boards replace the word 'cigar-ette' with 'moron'?

See, the boards know smoking [tobacco] is bad for you. :p

I know the risks of tobbacco but I still smoke the occasional cigar and the more frequent shisha. I will never understand the fun in smoking moron though as they taste like shit.

I used to smoke cigars until I realised they were the worst smelling and tasting things ever. This happened when one of my mates had one next to me and it was worse than Hitler.

Hookah/Shishas are wonderful though, because they have many enjoyable to smoke flavours, and they are really smooth and the smoke looks nice and they are probably less deadly.

Klown posted on Aug 1 2006 at 09:45 AM said:
I know what would relax you: a nice silky smooth and flavorful cigar.

Inhaling anything into my lungs hardly classifies as silky smooth.

Crazy Goat posted on Aug 3 2006 at 12:48 AM said:
Klown posted on Aug 1 2006 at 09:45 AM said:
I know what would relax you: a nice silky smooth and flavorful cigar.

Inhaling anything into my lungs hardly classifies as silky smooth.
Must have some pretty shitty oxygen where you live.

Back