Snes Emulation On The Blu

Sparky

Still Fresh
HI All,

I am a newbie to the GP32, and am struggling slightly. I have managed to get most emulators working, but cannot get any SNES emu to work. SNES9x crashes out once you pick a game, and Open SNES loads the games, but they have what can only be described as 2 white horizontal scrolling lines accross the top of the screen (about 2 cms thick). This obviously makes the games unplayable. Please help, as the SNES is my favourite console and I am desperate to get it working on my BLU

Thank You
Sparky

WhiteFalcon

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Hi Sparky,

you have a so called "BLU+", which means a BLU unit with a Taiwanese display. All GP32 BLUs employ one of these LCDs. To show things correctly programmers have to init the display in a slightly different way which means, they have to take it into account when creating any program. Apparently, programs that had been made before the BLU+ started to be sold could not support it.
Now you have to:

1) use programs that either have been modified by their creators to support BLU+ (DrMD, Vertical and many others)
2) use those that accidentally support BLU+ (probably programs made with the use of the original SDK - not sure if I am right here, but none of my applications have had this BLU+ problem)
3) simply wait until the authors of particular application adds BLU+ support or someone figures out how to patch the programs

There is also the bottom-line bug, which is somehow possible to live with. No cure for this one yet.

shinneri

Certified Guru
Website
www.gpnewbie.com
And yoyofr, maker of OpenSNES9xGP, stated that there will be a BLU+ version of his SNES emulator. When this will happen, I have no idea.

But until then you can enjoy near perfect Genesis/Megadrive emulation with DrMD. ;)

LOOM

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Opensnes 1.0 works on blu+ and it's perfect, snesz works as well but you can't redefine keys, save and there's no sound -> I'm using osnes