Snes Emulator Screenshots!

You know, a wise man once told me this;

"Swearing is the crutch for speech cripples"

On that note, I'll just say this:

"Holy. Fucking. SHIT!" :eek:³

Probaly will have the choice of full screen once the emulator is finished. It is still a prototype.

From DijiTao's post on another thread about graphics resolutions:

SNES:
Resolution: between 256x224 and 512x448.

My guess is then that many of them are not full screen because the games shown were running at a native 256x224 or some such lower resolution. Stretching those would look ugly.

-OCA|

On this page, it is clear that there are some that take up part of the screen and some that take up the full screen.

EDIT: Yay! Beaten to it twice B) ;)

From DijiTao's post on another thread about graphics resolutions:

SNES:
Resolution: between 256x224 and 512x448.

My guess is then that many of them are not full screen because the games shown were running at a native 256x224 or some such lower resolution. Stretching those would look ugly.

-OCA|

Yeah, definitly running native resolution.

Awesome, didnt know there was an SNES emu being worked on.

EDIT: wow, active topic!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I hope it will get released soon. Because...The gp2x is out, and I really do like playing with dark releases as well as real once.

Yeah, this is awesome news. I got a GP2x specifically for SNES emulation, though I wasn't expect it to come so soon.

*happy!*

-OCA|

WOO HOO! Best homebrew news yet for the GP2X... I think we've all been waiting for an SNES emu.

Seeing those screens makes me really really eager for a GP2X to arrive in my mailbox....

Lets all keep in mind that just because it exists (something that was destined from the outset) still dosent mean it's as perfect as we'd like it to be just yet. I can still be slow and last time I looked none of these images displayed transparancy.

This sure is a very welcome development :D

Although I'm still very happy with my BLU (sooo glad I didn't get that pathetic GBA SP instead <_< ) and I'm still finding great new stuff that can be done with it (I've just discovered Project Guttenberg, how cool EBooks are and I'm currently reading Bram Stoker's Dracula for the first time B) ), I have to confess that this GP2X looks damn tempting! :p I'd love to get Rock 'n' Roll racing running at a good speed B)

I wonder if this emulator runs on top of Linux, or if it's booted from the firmware like with the GP32? Would this make much difference to performance?

Don't want to go too far off topic, but even though the GBA has few games that are truly top-notc, those that are make the system worth the few bucks it costs.

Also, YES!!! I now have no doubt that we'll see near-perfect SNES on our GP2X's within months... Especially considering that most of us (even people who preordered) don't even have ours yet. :)

Back