Beta Snes9X4D4P - Another New Build, Now With Hi Res And New Rom Picker

Looks like SiENcE was a busy guy, lots of changes since my last checkout; some of them conflict with a bunch of changes I'd recently done, and looks like he's reorganizing some of it to better fit all the platforms (ie: adding caanoo and then cleaining up all of it), so its not a 'just pull and build', I need to go audit it all and merge in all the stuff I'd changed since last round but not yet checked in, etc.

gah :)

jeff

SiENcE said:
Sorry if i changed too much and break your pandora build.

But Netplay should work :) Makefile(NETPLAY=1).

Nice! Skeezix.. be my hero and make sure to set the NETPLAY=1 flag :). You will totally make my day (well.. whichever day it is that I get my repaired pandora back anyhoo)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was totally bagged out for a week with a killer fever, just getting back into the swing; family stuff for the weekend, so dunno if I'll get it sorted out this week or next :(

jeff

skeezix said:
I was totally bagged out for a week with a killer fever, just getting back into the swing; family stuff for the weekend, so dunno if I'll get it sorted out this week or next :(

jeff
Ah the fever, nasty one for development. Totally kills productivity, i remember from a month or so ago.
Good to hear you are doing better.

Now get yer lazy arse to work!! ;)

Have a nice weekend, and Cheers!!

MarkoeZ

edit:arr

It sorts my roms correctly now with Picklelauncher :D
I have all my roms in dirs by letter, but P+Q, U+V and X+Y+Z are combined, and show up in uppercase while the rest show up in lowercase even though they're all uppercase, and the previous launcher sorted everything case sensitive which Picklelauncher doesn't, so no more P+Q, U+V and X+Y+Z showing up on the top :)

Savestates saved with snes9x4d4p can be loaded on my desktop, so it's definitely doing something wrong in the loading itself. ie, it didn't break the save state when saving it or anything like that.
Unfortunately I can't debug it. gdb actually freezes for some reason trying to load the state. I've never seen that happen before. Normally a seg fault should drop you back into gdb, not freeze indefinitely :(

For those that want to save/load states, try pressing Start+R and Start+L. These are the hotkeys that were defined on the Dingoo and surprisingly they also work here where the menu option does not.
Jeff, take a look at what the Load State option is doing in the menu vs what the Start+L hot key combo is doing. That should tell you why it is broken.

I just got to try it out with the new pickel launcher... nice...

I'm just kinda lost as to where snes9x stores the sram? I'd like to try to use my savegame from the other emulator...

It should be in a hidden folder in its appdata directory, if memory serves.

SiENcE said:
WizardStan said:
SiENcE said:
We are working on a fix for Savestates :). Should be out soon.
Save states work for me ;)

But not savestate screenshots as some people said ;-).
Screenshots is one of the things that definitely seems to be working no problem. When I do a save state, the screenshot has always appeared. I thought the problem was loading save states from the menu. Is there a different problem as well that I'm not aware of?

I'm glad they work for you, but they haven't worked in at least in the last two versions for me. Whenever I try and save a state, it just crashes out back to desktop or to pickle launcher for the latest PND.

The problem was the display of stuff like "created savestate", "loaded savestate" and the likes. I have now fixed this function. With the later fixes I found out that there are some other probs with it anyway. Here a list of changes:
1) Fix segfault when saving or loading a savestate via the menu.
2) Make games using HiMode ("Secret of Mana" and "Secret of Mana 2") display correctly. For those games "full screen scaling" is not available and I don't plan on working on it (in fact I just wanted to have those two running!).

Known issues:
* I have the impression that the sound is a little broken every now and then. Especially strange is the sound in Secret of Mana at the beginning with the waterfall. I have changed the default sound setting to '7' instead of '5', no idea if it will help in general with sound or just make things worse...
* The menu is strange! That means that there may be really bad artifacts when switching between "normal" mode and "stretching".
* Savestate preview images might be broken. At least I have this impression with "Secret of Mana" savestates and got no idea how other saves work.

Please keep in mind that this is my first try building an snes9x4p binary. Some more tuning of the CXXFLAGS might help, too, no idea yet...

The pnd with those changes is now available in the archive, too:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,63

In case you want the sources:
This is directly based upon the svn repo SiENcE maintains at svn://zwischenwelt.org:20684/dingoo/Snes9x-sdl-1.39ff plus the patch posted right above.

If you find issues: feel free to post about them in here. Maybe SiENcE manages to fix them (or I might look at them) though I won't promise any fixes. My main aim was getting back savestates and being able to finally play both, Secret of Mana as well as Secret of Mana 2...

quartercast said:
I'm glad they work for you, but they haven't worked in at least in the last two versions for me. Whenever I try and save a state, it just crashes out back to desktop or to pickle launcher for the latest PND.
Press START-R to save, START-L to load. I only said it 9 posts ago :(

WizardStan said:
quartercast said:
Press START-R to save, START-L to load. I only said it 9 posts ago :(
Or get the latest pnd where the crash is fixed.

Back