Snes9X4D4P - Help Me Beta Test

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
hey guys,

I'm pushing the Pandora code into the official Snes9x4D (SiENcE's repo), rather than continue my lame-duck hack from a week ago.

In theory should more or less be identical to the snes9x4d4p thats been around for the last few days, but a little bit cleaner code, and merged with SiENcE's code.

Can you guys give it a whirl, and make sure it _is_ pretty much the same, so that I know I've done the code merge well enough?

Some slight differences..
- PXML does _not_ specify clock speed, so it runs at whatever your pandora is at; ie: it used to run 600-forced, now its 500 mhz unless you've overclocked .. so if you're not paying attention, your FPS will go down a touch; on the upshoot, you can overclock to 900 or whatever, and get the effect in the emu
- the zenity rom picker will default to /media, to save you a click finding your roms
- the FPS (if enabled) should be displayed bottom of the screen (not in the middle anymore :)
- the snes9x messages should be at the bottom of the screen as well (not garbled and in the middle)
- naming convention.. my automated builder puts the date into the pnd-filename, to make it more clear

- SiENcE added cheat support, but I've not looked into it to see if I've made it available :)
- High Res SNES-roms still not displaying right; not had time to do that yet.

The good bit is that anything SiENcE builds into his emu, we can just do a rebuild and have the latest stuff.

Grab todays build from here:
http://www.codejedi....4p_20100601.pnd
NEW: Try this one, shoudl be better audio, and remember your last rom path: http://www.codejedi...._20100601_2.pnd
NEWER: This one uses 32khz audio (and for uber nerds, in theory you can create args.txt to override the command line args to the app): http://www.codejedi.com/pandora/snes9x4d4p/binaries/snes9x4d4p_20100601_3.pnd

Let me know if she works ok!

jeff

Seems to work. I don't really get the idea of starting in media to save a click.

I had my roms in a roms directory in snes9x4d4p's appdata directory. It's a lot MORE clicks to get to my roms now!

Pleng said:
Seems to work. I don't really get the idea of starting in media to save a click.

I had my roms in a roms directory in snes9x4d4p's appdata directory. It's a lot MORE clicks to get to my roms now!

So you don't have to click a lot if you store your apps and ROMs on separate SD cards.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng -- you're right :) IF you put your roms with the apps, this change is a pita :) I tend to keep roms/etc outside of apps -- ie: /roms/foo and /roms/bar so all roms are in one place.

Short goal is - remember the last path you selected, and default to looking there.

Long goal is - build a menu into the emu, so you can just hit menu -> load rom -> pick it there, with remembered path; the whole "pick rom, then run emu" business sucks, but its easy for 'day 1' type builds :)

I found some games ran (at 500 mhz) 40fps, so now you can under or overclock as much as you like for the emu.

jeff

sheeeeit, let me see if I can get remembered rompath working now...

Uploading a new build which will remember the last rom path used; that'll help Pleng :)

The only caveat here is -- if you eject/insert SDs, while some process is watching that SD, the path may not apply when re-inserted; but this build wll help most cases most of the time, and be no worse in the bad case.

I'll set sound to slightly better as well, like in build003 was .. if it slows on you, you can overclock :)

Watch top post for _2 version in a minute.

jeff

Alerino -- long term, I'm rather hoping we all work out a trick so that an app mounted from within a pnd can default to a saved-path on the same-Sd-as-pnd-came-from-where-possible type metaphor.

Check out the _2 build above and let me know if she looks good enough; maybe I should push it up to dl.open and the app store, and for sure this will be where future builds descend from.

jeff

x68000 said:
i havent tried yet jeff, but could you possible up the sound freq rate to a higher level?

I think its set to 22khz right now; if you want to 'hack it' for now (until we get it in the menu or something), then pull up the pnd-file in your favourite editor, and look for "ARGS=" .. the -sq 2 can be changed to different number, say -sq 4 for 44khz if memory serves.

jeff

Please test cheat support for Snes9x4D.

CHT-Files (used for ZSNES) are supported. You have to put the {romname}.cht file into the savestate/sram folder.
This cheatfile gets loaded when rom is loaded. All cheats in this file are applied.

Currently no ingame menu to select cheats.

Here are also all Snes9x commandline parameters. Most of them are supported.

I have no Pandora so please test for me :)

Idea; I should add an option so.., if an "args.txt" file is found in the appdata directory, that it uses those args as the commandline to the emu; thus letting you arbitrarily screw with the args to see what happens,and keep any changes you like. A 4 line change to the runscript in the pnd would do it.

jeff

Works good here so far, Thank you :)

Is there am easy was to stretch to Super fat mario world please, many thanks bud

Is there am easy was to stretch to Super fat mario world please, many thanks bud :rolleyes: hehe nice one ,i have just transfered my snes collection to pandora so i will be testing all night (all night long ,all night)

i really could be a great singer

:D

Given the amount of time passed since Super Mario World, it's only natural for Mario to put on a few pounds.

3586018978_63023427ba_m.jpg

44,1kHz should definately be the default for the emulator.

I'd also suggest switching to a different ROM selector (if possible), like the one from PicoDrive or FCE.
Both work instantly, but Zenity needs about 1,5 minutes to list all my roms in my directory :D

EvilDragon said:
44,1kHz should definately be the default for the emulator.
The SNES used 32KHz, didn't it?

Actually, now that I think of it, does anyone know if this will be added in the future?

I'll like to help out test the emulator my fav console the Snes. :)

I thought it was 32KHZ also Prometheus.

I'll test out thoses builds :)

skeezix said:
x68000 said:
i havent tried yet jeff, but could you possible up the sound freq rate to a higher level?

I think its set to 22khz right now; if you want to 'hack it' for now (until we get it in the menu or something), then pull up the pnd-file in your favourite editor, and look for "ARGS=" .. the -sq 2 can be changed to different number, say -sq 4 for 44khz if memory serves.

jeff
Tried changing the values but it remained the same. Unless it's an easy fix for you to sort (would really improve things) I'll keep my fingers crossed it will be added to a later release! :)

Back