Snes9X4D4P

Ah thanks skeezix!
I will look into the patches. The name suggestion is a good idea. But Snes4all already exists.

I'm also thinking of moving this code to an googlecode/gitbub/sourceforge but i'm carefully, just because the current svn is also open for anyone and we are hosting other repositories for different open source projects. What you think?

@x68000: Frameskip is turned off, if you set Frameskip to 1. calc: 60/1=60fps.
You can also set the soundquality via commandline option.

Code:
-soundquality, -sq, or -r <num> Set sound playback quality
                                 0 - off, 1 - 8192, 2 - 11025 (default), 3 - 16000,
                                 4 - 22050, 5 - 32000, 6 - 44100,
                                 7 - 48000

Here is a list of snes9x cmd options: http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Snes9x#Command_Line_Parameters (most options are supported)

For further infos please consult the dingoonity thread. Please report bugs there or in my blog. thx.

I suspect i already know the answer, but sometimes these questions just have to be asked - does your build support/include any of the graphics plugins that enable the image processing & support hi-res included in the latest Windows build, would look glorious on the Pandora screen.

If you follow my Blog or the Dingoonity thread, yes Snes9x4D supports High-Res Mode. Secret of Mana, Seiken 3 & Rudra no Hihou are working :). But i don't know if skeezix has ported the two different rendermodes.

What you mean with image processing plugins? The Scalers? I think the build-in scalers for Snes9x4D are quit good and fast.

Other scalers are also possible, but this slows down the performace. Scaling High-Res mode Games slows down even more performance but i think for Pandora it's not needed, just because the nativ resolution is much higher than Dingoo. But sorry, i can't test, i have no Pandora.

I wrote an little Post about the Frameskip option in Snes9x4D: http://crankgaming.blogspot.com/2010/05/emulators-and-frameskip-esp-snes9x4d.html

@skeezix: Do you also have the makefile for Pandora?

Love your work SiENcE, sent you a little something towards your pandora :D

Thanks to skeezix too, I hope this blossoms into a productive partnership!

I haven't gotten my Pandora yet so I haven't tried any yet but one of the most important things for me is cheat support. I remember back in the GP2X days I asked one of the developers on this forum if he could put cheat support into an emulator(I don't think it was SNES, can't remember which it was) and the forum jumped all over me about how I shouldn't be playing games that I need to use cheats on any way.

I would like to see someone pass Super Star Wars(or Empire Strikes back or Return of the Jedi) without cheat support.

SiENcE said:
Of couse, but i think i can't get. Ordering is not available. I'm too late.

Pandora has Wifi? I think i also need to add Snes NetPlay to my TODO :) .

There's always the second batch. From Craig's recent comments they're deciding on whether to do the whole next 8000 in one continuous stream. Opening up of second batch very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
SiENcE, try emailing Jacquelyn at Open Pandora: openpandorasales@gmail.com. She knows best about the status of batch 1/2 orders.

Otherwise, where do you live? Maybe a forum member will share theirs with you (hah!)

Hi. Where are the SRAM files loaded from? I'd like to copy my Legend of Zelda SRAM file to the Pandora

I hope that's been changed for the Pandora release. That would mean your save states are being written to the NAND and that would be bad. Unless the PND system is doing something clever that I'm not aware of.

WizardStan said:
I hope that's been changed for the Pandora release. That would mean your save states are being written to the NAND and that would be bad. Unless the PND system is doing something clever that I'm not aware of.

No it's not been changed for the Pandora release.
I've found the files on the NAND. Might need to have a look at that for future releases!

WizardStan said:

I dont think it is a snes9x4d issue.

it is writing to the /home/*/ directory, which is common with linux apps, some of them should be writing to nand too.

you can, of course, change the home path to somewhere in the SD card ;)

Back