Snippet Request

jonlad1

ED,

Would it be possible to include launching some emulators from the desktop in your next snippet video? I dont believe that has been seen yet (although correct me if I'm wrong).

BTW, kudos on ramping up the professional touch in the new vids, love the elevator music in the background ;)

We've seen him starting Wesnoth, haven't we? Isn't that enough to prove it can start applications? Why does it specifically have to be an emulator?

WizardStan said:
We've seen him starting Wesnoth, haven't we? Isn't that enough to prove it can start applications? Why does it specifically have to be an emulator?
I think he just wants to see more videos of how the OS works is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said I wanted proof?

I'm simply asking ED to show in his next video him starting up an emulator from within the desktop environment because we havent seen that yet. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see that functionality.

Whats with the attitude? :blink:

jonlad1 said:
Who said I wanted proof?

I'm simply asking ED to show in his next video him starting up an emulator from within the desktop environment because we havent seen that yet. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see that functionality.

People on these boards can't just ignore threads that bug them for whatever reason.

Fair enough, that was a bit silly of Nokia :rolleyes:

Another late one Craig?

craigix said:
Well we are trying to be a little more careful after the Nintendo/Nokia emulators thing.
Ahh, good point. Maybe just some other OS stuff then? I've seriously watched both of the Snippet videos 10 times each. Maybe I should do something else for a while.

Yeah, it'd probably just be better to wait for devs to post their own videos of emulators rather than you guys. Perhaps changing some of the options/showing PMenu could suffice.

jonlad1 said:
Who said I wanted proof?

Not attitude. I asked why specifically an emulator. Why not Wesnoth or Quake or anything else intended to put some strain on the system? You could have generically said "start a game", but you said emulator, which implied to me that you had a specific motive.

edit: because, as Craig pointed out, showing a working emulator in an official context can be a dangerous thing. My tummy hurts, I'm not explaining myself well.

WizardStan said:
jonlad1 said:
Who said I wanted proof?

Not attitude. I asked why specifically an emulator. Why not Wesnoth or Quake or anything else intended to put some strain on the system? You could have generically said "start a game", but you said emulator, which implied to me that you had a specific motive.

edit: because, as Craig pointed out, showing a working emulator in an official context can be a dangerous thing. My tummy hurts, I'm not explaining myself well.
THATS IT!!! Jonlad1 works for Nintendo and he is trying to sabotage the Pandora. Good catch Stan.

Wow. Well I'm glad you didn't over analyse that. You're free to jump on another thread and analyse till the cows come home.

This thread can be closed, Craig answered my question.

I'll try to do some emulators and games, maybe next week.
I filmed the snippets at once, I don't do them daily ;)

Also, PMenu should be covered next week, as it is currently finding it's way in the OS (should be in the next firmware image will be finished today) :)

jonlad1 said:
Who said I wanted proof?

Yeah, because we don't want the OP team actually spend their time trying to ship the Pandora do we? No, it's much more beneficial for them to be spending time replying to idiots on these forums who keep on creating posts directly asking specific members of OP team for information. And those videos, we want those videos don't we!

Evil Dragon, can you post a video of X...Craig, can you post a video of Y...MWeston post a video of Z...these posts annoy the hell out of me. The team have said some Pandoras have shipped to devs and the like. I'm sure Youtube is going to be flooded with vids soon enough, and I'll be grateful to see them all. There's really no need to be bugging the OP team like they owe it to YOU to answer your questions/do your bidding. Get a grip.

EvilDragon said:
I'll try to do some emulators and games, maybe next week.
I filmed the snippets at once, I don't do them daily ;)

Also, PMenu should be covered next week, as it is currently finding it's way in the OS (should be in the next firmware image will be finished today) :)

I cant ask more than that ;)

Ed, do who know are receiving the finished Pandoras that Michael is sending out?

kaprikawn said:
jonlad1 said:
Who said I wanted proof?

Yeah, because we don't want the OP team actually spend their time trying to ship the Pandora do we? No, it's much more beneficial for them to be spending time replying to idiots on these forums who keep on creating posts directly asking specific members of OP team for information. And those videos, we want those videos don't we!

Evil Dragon, can you post a video of X...Craig, can you post a video of Y...MWeston post a video of Z...these posts annoy the hell out of me. The team have said some Pandoras have shipped to devs and the like. I'm sure Youtube is going to be flooded with vids soon enough, and I'll be grateful to see them all. There's really no need to be bugging the OP team like they owe it to YOU to answer your questions/do your bidding. Get a grip.

HAHA! Easy mate, Ed is already making videos. I'm just asking if he can show, in his next vid, an extra bit of functionality we haven't seen yet.

We wouldnt want you bursting a blood vessel, not so close to the Pandora shipping, would we?

kaprikawn said:
jonlad1 said:
Who said I wanted proof?

DontOverReact.jpg

LOL! :lol:

I guess the tension is really getting to some people :rolleyes:

Back