So... how does everyone feel about their GP32s....

Did the GP32 live up to your expectations?

• Totally - wouldn't swap it for the world

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly, though a few little niggles and disappointments

• Generally, though I would think twice again

• Mostly not, I havent found a lot I'm pleased with

• Not at all... I want my GBA!!!!

• I haven't got one yet!

• Total voters

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Was just wondering what people thought about this... Were you happy after you got you got your GP32, or didn't it live up to the hype? In my opinion, it well and truely live up to abou 90% of the hype, but there have been a few little niggles, but nothing to write home about. This poll was prompted by a post by Flack that pointed out that most people who are deciding whether or not to buy one point out the negative things and ask people to confirm or deny them, rather than pointing out the positives. This is, of course, human nature, but what does everyone who's got one really think? This poll is also here as a guage of how many people on the board actually OWN a GP32 too..... :)

Give your opinions!

Cheers

Hi,

For the record, I voted Mostly...few niggles etc.

It`s the best thing since sliced bread, It`s just that its early days yet!. :)

The future is bright. The future is GP32. :D

Regards

Trooper

At the moment - this poll is working out pretty much as I expected. Nice to see so many people pleased with their GP32, but also nice to see honesty - with people admitting that all is not perfect. Better that way. Remember - you can't imrove on perfection :) and how boring would that be???

very happy with mine. just arrived this past mondya and I have spent nearly an hour actually PLAYING with it (been a busy week!)

SNES emulation exceeded my expectations (don't get me wrong, still needs some work) and impressed me. PCE emulation, as I was expecting, was nearly spot-on and that will hold me.

Developments in the scene recently have got me even more exicted (mame, megadrive, 2600, neo geo pocket to a lesser extent)

also the light works better than I expected! Only complaint - wish I could get a little PDA-style "docking unit" to charge it up like there is for the older version GBA, that thing is great - maybe a flip-up shield for the screen as well - but only nitpicking, it's great!

Clearly whoever said it didn't own a knife! Hey, you try cutting bread with a spoon!! :D

I went with the 'niggles' (whatever that is) as well. The reviews I read before buying mine were a "little" over zealous (GBA emulation, anyone?) Still, I'm tickled by the little machine and what it can do. The C64 and Atari 2600 emulation are worth the price of admission alone, and things keep getting better on it every day!

Flack

I voted mostly because the gba emu aint out yet and not all of the emus are perfect. but when the gba emu comes out and when there is one emu that has save sound and full speed for each system (that gp32 can emulate) then the gp32 will be more valuble than the world

I went for totally... I had read many reviews, message board posts, etc. and knew exactly what to expect... and got it! Yep, like everyone I would love more (MAME, Genesis, GBA, NGP emus etc.) but I got everything I expected and wanted with the GP32.

I voted for totally.. i don´t care if the nes emu with the correct speed doesn´t have sound.. as long as i can play the games it´s fine :p
SIDmachine is one of my favorites :) Bought MoviePark and Little Wizard (weeezard) at JoyGP. Got SMS32 and Phantasy Star (stereo sound instead of mono on GBA mmm..).
Going to get the C64 emu later :)

Yeah its a cool machine, but it simply needs more commercial games. I still dont beleive that any game out does the machine justice as of yet. Gamepark need a killer game to sell the machine and at the moment it hasnt got one. Emulation aint bad, early days I guess. PC-Engine emulation is very good though, and to be honest, is what I feel keeps this machine from being overlooked by the average gamer. GP32 needs more and better emulation of consoles, ie GBA, SNES etc. Imagine if SNES emulation was 90% accurate. The guys that do the coding need encouraging to get these emulators finished. I for one would gladly donate a small ammount of money if I knew the work was going to be done, as Im sure other people would.

Anyway, I really love this machine, and it seems such a shame that it isnt being used to its full potential yet. JoyGP is a good start to getting the machine more established, and the guy that set that site up deserves support from all GP32 users. I for one have bought four games from the site the day it was launched.

My vote: Mostly.

Every fiber in my geeky body wanted to vote for "totally". I'm completely
in love with my GP32, and I spend most of my spare time playing on it, or
looking after fresh meat for it on the internet. I want to shout "Buy one,
you fools!" at all the people who toy with the idea of getting one. :D

Then was this little whispering voice inside my head who reminded me of
some points of which I expected more... Sound is horrible for most EMUS
I tried, except PCE... this may change, but for the moment it is just pity.

Another point I was very astonished, that I never hear someone
moan about it, is GB/GBC emulation. It looks like Gameboy Emulation got
completely out of style, since there is the GBA. I always enjoyed playing on
my Gameboy. And before I ordered my GP32, I read somewhere, that it
even emulates GBA, and NES at full speed with sound. So I thought that
Gameboy Emulation has to be spot on perfect, since it is probably the
most obvious feature, the GP32 should offer. But in fact, I couldn't even play
Tetris on it, when I tried. And with all the immense respect I have for the work
of ZJ... It's not possible to play SMB1 or Castlevania 1 on his Emu, since it
breaks the time counter and you can't get past Level 1. It also has loads of gfx
flaws. With GPGB most games work, but small, slow and without sound. I can
live with it but it sure ain't what I expected.

But I have to admit that there are loads of cooler things to do, than to play
old Gameboy mono games on your GP32.

Went for Totally here :)

why? cause i got what i expected and a WHOLE lot more, not loved a machine as much as this since my first Amiga 12 years ago.

thats all i gotta say about that :p

lol, i accidentally voted for "Not at all... I want my GBA!!!!" so dont think someone is actually stupid enough to think that when you see the (1) beside it ;)

Back